Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-16-2013 04:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
looks like a matrix ripoff...

lol wat

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-24-2013 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
Inspired by Infernis screenshots, I continued to work on my 4 year old remake of E1M1 for Quake3.
Making the details atm, lighting is yet very basic...

Screenshot shows the pathway where you can find the Quad Damage in the original. The hidden elevator is replaced by two crates.

Edit: View of the other side. Entrance of the Base - no exploding crate yet. :D

I'll consider that a compliment. It's looking good so far but like you said, add more detail. Keep us posted.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-24-2013 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've just released my last map, I'm evah going to make. So yeah... learned a lot. Proper hinting (local hints are THE shit), areaportals only work in a whole door system (and id software fucked it up on their own maps), external lightmapping etc...
So here is the link: http://ws.q3df.org/map/acc_cath_rggl/
Here are the screens: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5z0ewt9st6xo8r/fCi795SrNT

Hm image tag is not working anymore, right? How to integrate images like above?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-24-2013 10:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aww man, sucks to hear another talented mapper is leaving :( map looks solid dude. will check it out shortly and leave a few impressions.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-25-2013 04:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bliccer wrote:
I've just released my last map, I'm evah going to make. So yeah... learned a lot. Proper hinting (local hints are THE shit), areaportals only work in a whole door system (and id software fucked it up on their own maps), external lightmapping etc...
So here is the link: http://ws.q3df.org/map/acc_cath_rggl/
Here are the screens: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5z0ewt9st6xo8r/fCi795SrNT

Hm image tag is not working anymore, right? How to integrate images like above?

Use [img]and[/img] tags. Put the URL between 'em.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-25-2013 04:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah forgot to mention... its a defrag map ofc.
Longer post here: http://q3df.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=568
@Eraser: I did... only get this "image" thing in my text.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-25-2013 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go Bliccer!

Oh and make sure you post your movie on own-age.com :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-26-2013 02:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bliccer wrote:
Ah forgot to mention... its a defrag map ofc.
Longer post here: http://q3df.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=568
@Eraser: I did... only get this "image" thing in my text.

you did it correctly. It's DropBox that doesnt allow linking like that.
fixed it for you, also made it a lvlshot for those 3 people who don't have 1400+ res screens.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-17-2013 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lift to the "nailgun - lights out" room:

Base entrance:
I hate to make rocks and terrain... atm only placeholders. :D

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-17-2013 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

really digging your q1 stuff, looking good man!

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I took some time today for the first time in ages to put some effort into my long time tdm WIP project.
I'm trying to save some tris during the first stage of detailing to not overextend in terms of performance. Lighting is still in the works, just like pretty much everything else too. :dork:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy, don't be a square... recommended reading:

http://robotrenegade.com/articles/perfe ... h-circles/

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Throw performance to the wind! Make a map that looks amazing, no matter the cost! Like Lunaran's map! Or any of my maps, though they do still end up looking like crap, while simultaneously eating 80% of one's framerate.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
cityy, don't be a square... recommended reading:

http://robotrenegade.com/articles/perfe ... h-circles/

Hehe, didn't know you are hosting an article about this, nice! I'm totally aware of the subject but I'm also really good at ignoring it. :D

KittenIgnition wrote:
Throw performance to the wind! Make a map that looks amazing, no matter the cost! Like Lunaran's map! Or any of my maps, though they do still end up looking like crap, while simultaneously eating 80% of one's framerate.

This map is supposed to be played in competetive QL tdm if it works out so I can't push it to the limits unfortunately. A lot of the players still have outdated hardware or hardware setups that are somehow alien to id tech3 so there are really strict limitations for me.
I'm gonna build this map in the current fashion, hint it and see if I have room for more fun detail.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 01:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has anyone ever experienced this autosprite error (top left)?

Edit: I've looked at it with r_showtris - the problem is the snow patches I'm using. The shader has worked fine in several other maps so that's not the issue. With polygons visible in q3 I notice that the polys are snapping back and forth between different points - they are basically rotating in random intervals around their center vertical axis when moving the mouse.
Any ideas?

Edit2: https://github.com/id-Software/Quake-III-Arena/blob/master/code/renderer/tr_shade_calc.c#L349

Code:
if ( tess.numVertexes & 3 ) {
                ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd vertex count", tess.shader->name );
        }
        if ( tess.numIndexes != ( tess.numVertexes >> 2 ) * 6 ) {
                ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd index count", tess.shader->name );
        }

Edit3: I fixed it by simply redoing all the sprite patches. Still not sure what the issue was though.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably a bad surface. Autosprite is a little picky about surface geometry so I assume if you have an odd vertex count, the surface is no longer a quad.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 03:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Since there is so little activity lately Im gonna go ahead and float this boat.

Same map and area as in the pic above, but looking from the opposite side. Most stuff is still WIP.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 05:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks fantastic, cityy.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-10-2014 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does look nice, idd. I'm assuming you're testing with wolfcam still? It seems to have some quirks that aren't present in q3/ql. I get the same errors spammed in console if i load lostparadise with it, as well as some shaders that don't render quite right iirc. Map works just fine in q3/ql though, so you can probably just ignore them.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-11-2014 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

@Despair: I'm even still using quake3.exe, netradiant and my hacked together mapping setup from 2011. Laziness strikes again. :owned:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-11-2014 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you fix the wheel? Looks better in this shot.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-11-2014 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, but not by adding more vertices. I moved the corner vertices further inwards.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-11-2014 06:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks nice :up: But what's with the garbled/distorted stretch of pixels along the top side?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-11-2014 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q3 does that when taking screenshots in Windowed mode.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-12-2014 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:shrug: Never knew that... strange.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Q3 does that when taking screenshots in Windowed mode.

That's never happened to me :o

The closest thing to that is taking screenshots without framebuffer on in Q3MME, but it never looks anything like that.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-17-2014 04:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just sent in McSarge's (ct3tourney3) for review on lvlworld. I still had this map sitting on my HDD with some bug fixes to be done so I sat down today and took care of it (with only 1.5 years delay).

DOWNLOAD (cityy.explicits.de, 104mb): http://cityy.explicits.de/uploads/maps/ct3t3_final/ct3tourney3_final.zip

If anyone is fancy writing a review, please go ahead! :)
The file size is pretty large because I used quite a few high resolution textures on this and furthermore included some textures I made for the competition but did not end up using to give people the opportunity to use them in their projects.

I'm looking at sst13's 13circle at the moment to review it for lvl::.. - that map looks brilliant. :)

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 01-17-2014 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SST13's maps are full of win.

COD looks nice:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 01-17-2014 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice panoramic.
Makes me want to assemble a 3 monitor setup.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 01-17-2014 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ct3toruney3 looks good, downloaded. Now need to go find Q3 cd...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-03-2014 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Latest screenshots from the upcoming final release of Q3SG1 map for the Quake III Arena Stargate Project
I picked up only few screenshots from the q3sg1b version which is simplified and made for a gameplay with bots support

for more, visit: http://www.q3sg.tk/gallery.php

Last edited by camel on 02-19-2014 01:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-04-2014 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and this is the gameplay on that map, baseq3 cfg with 20 bots
for more details read the description:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KWzOuUVw_Q

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-17-2014 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started this level 10 years ago. I'm working on textures. The base texture was taken from Union Station.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 02-20-2014 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Inition wrote:

I started this level 10 years ago. I'm working on textures. The base texture was taken from Union Station.

Interesting... in my "never made it into anything" bin of test maps I tried to replicate Greek church design, and it looked strikingly like your screenshot. My map version is from the 8th of May 2003 :).

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-20-2014 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just figured if I waited 11 years AEon would retire from q3a level design and I wouldn't get caught stealing!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.