Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-11-2015 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not putting it on ..::LvL, so tags are unnecessary. There is no easy way to solve the maze aside from memorizing the layout and creating arbitrary landmarks, in addition to the tokens.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-14-2015 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tried some Floor-detailing today

Last edited by AndyW on 06-21-2015 10:19 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-14-2015 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Part of a little scene I made over the course of about five hours this afternoon, running in Quake Live. I was inspired after playing the Hijacked Well level in Rage this morning. Not completely sure I will make this into a playable level or not, but I will probably will finish the scene at least. I will eventually model the cave walls, lights, pipes and maybe even the archways.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-14-2015 11:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wooow, very nice "sewerish" look! :ducky:

@Phantazm11: I think you got a new "Fanboy"... :D
Really amazing work!!! You have a nice feeling for putting "mood" into your Maps. :up:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-15-2015 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, AndyW. That means a lot!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-15-2015 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Im just a noobish guy.. I think my opinion is not heavy-weight...
But i have eyes that say me youre doing a really great job on this scene!
Id took me 2 weeks to find a link for your last competition map... When i played it the first Time i was shocked about the great Look and Details. :up:
DOPE MAN! :!:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-15-2015 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:

you really need to break up those iron floor and concrete wall textures with at the very least some trim, if not more (and give those walls some depth!). also, the dirt tiles horribly and i'm not sure dirt+lava really works tbh

also, shouldn't the lava bounce pad be the way to get from the quad platform to the RL platform? why the crates?

on a non-negative note: vertical play looks promising :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-15-2015 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yay i will fix that Stuff, its just an Alpha.
Im also playing around with the lava jumper...
But Thx.
:)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-16-2015 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tried some Gothic Stuff today.

Last edited by AndyW on 06-21-2015 10:20 AM, edited 2 times in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-17-2015 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gone

Last edited by AndyW on 06-21-2015 10:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-17-2015 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gone

Last edited by AndyW on 06-21-2015 10:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-18-2015 09:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MS Paint is perfect for layouts that do not overlap levels of the layout (think of the floors in flat-house). If you need to view bottom layers that overlap under higher levels, you need graphic program that supports layers. Photoshop is the best tool to do so, if you want something for free or working under Linux, give GIMP a try. Some people call GIMP "Photoshop for poors" and basically it has a lots of features that is present in Photoshop (sure not all), anyway it can be easily expanded by user-made plugins that can make GIMP exactly like Photoshop...

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-18-2015 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey!
I made a gun model (chaingun replacement), by using Radiant with (just for try)!
Here is the result:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks a bit simple but like a Badass Gun!
Also new Sounds?
The way its held reminds me on T2 when Arnies fireing the M134 Minigun out of the Devastated SkyNet building. :)

I think if you want to do a complete new Gun something like this would match your Model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuZ5VrLQ1ek

Just slow down the firerate a bit and raise the damage. :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you AndyW for the reply.
Yeah, it has new sounds too, and yeah a bit simple, because it was only a try (or test).
I have a second version of the weapon with rotary tube, but it does not work well... I don't know how to edit the weapon tags in Milkshape. :(

Actually I'm planning to make a weapon pack made in Radiant, thanks for the idea for the machinegun! :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rotating Guns are sooo 90´s :D Better have a mobile Flac-Cannon! :D

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've not posted anything for a little while, but I'm still plodding along slowly with my coastal fort map.
I've just completed the final major area, just two small passageways to build then all the design work is complete.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-21-2015 02:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A Waterfall, very nice! :up:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-21-2015 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really nice looking textures dONKEY. Great lighting also! I like the idea of guard rails in Quake maps, but you have to make them so low compared to the player height that I never use them :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-21-2015 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay without feedback but compared to the QL-Maps i think (hope) i got the scaling this time. Made the lowest ceilings so that you not get an clipping error when jumping. For now this wil be my orientation in scale and i hope im not wrong again... :/

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice, dONKEY! a couple pieces of feedback:

1. the yellow guard rail texture seems a bit clean and bright compared to the rest of the scene
2. the buildings closer to the camera seem a bit scrunched down on the Z axis. may they should be a bit taller? (i know quake 3 scale is damn near impossible when it comes to realistic environments.)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantazm11 wrote:

really nice textures and lighting. i bet you could fool people into thinking that is quake 4! the only thing that looks really out of place to me is the curved pipe. it looks like a giant worm with those ~90degree turns! you may want to try bending them the way sock did in bridge crane (4th pic down).

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or use a mesh!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 09:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Phant, I've already gushed about your scene. But it's worth saying again, that is really inspirational.
Until Pat pointed it out I hadn't registered the fat pipes...but I think he has a point :)

Pat, thanks for art feedback. I'll see what you guys think about the yellow texture when I finally get a full test up and running. The yellow is pretty rusty up close, my idea was to contrast all the grey. I've only used that particular texture for railings, so it would be very easy to change.
The building in the foreground goes down lower than shown here, I think it's more the screen shot than anything. Again, when I get a full art test out I'll take advice :)

I have one small passage between that area and the rest of the map that needs building, then I'm done.
I'm pretty sure even with all my clip brushes I'm going to have to build a bot only map in order to end up with a playable level, but I really want to get a non-playable test build up to get some feedback.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strong stuff from Phant and dONKEY. Looking really good fellas!

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Martinus where do you get that gun model?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Theftbot wrote:
@Martinus where do you get that gun model?

I made in Radiant as I said.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-02-2015 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know it's not Quake, still, what I've been working on for a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKgk9I1wVvg

I really want to go back to my japanese level, but at the moment, It's just too much work with this.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2015 08:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool! Is that Serious Sam related?

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-02-2015 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is Serious Sam. Official.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-02-2015 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have refrained from posting about it much, since it's not anything that really has to do with Quake or related games.

Anyway, you can see more here =)

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthrea ... 606&page=3

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2015 11:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice. That artwork is looking tight.
Are you working on this yourself or with a team? And you're saying it's "official", does that mean there's any involvement of Croteam or have they simply given you the green light to go ahead with this?

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-03-2015 01:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We are currently 5 people, we started as 2 when we did Hammerwatch. I'm working with everything you see (art, design, level design) and my partner is working with everything you don't see (system, engine and editor), then we hired 2 additional artists and a level designer (intern) =D We need to be a stable team for Hammerwatch 2 that we will start with next year.

Croteam has given us pretty much free hands, we can do "whatever" we want, as long as it's a good representation for serious sam I would think. I'm trying to do that as much as possible, keep the action, but add in puzzles and traps, as with Hammerwatch. As you can see, still very influenced by my Quake easter eggs and such, the Keycard from Doom (hud) and the Railgun from Q3 (on the ground there)

If you have any questions about running a studio, being a indie dev or what not, just ask =)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-03-2015 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's pretty bad-ass... Serious Sam was mega fun.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.