Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@donkey Hell yeah mate, that's looking great!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Totally badass dONKEY! Love all of the little details you have going on. And those caves!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-06-2016 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus wrote:
Hy again!

You have alot of satellite dishes in that shot, maybe try to build ONE BIG Radio-tower on top of the building?
Like that?:

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 08-07-2016 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-12-2016 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, that looks big... whats the size of that map (in units)? :ducky:
The Grass & Water textures looking like theyre a bit out of scale.
Are you planning to make a map out of this or is it just a experiment?
Looks like a lot of work. :up:

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 08-12-2016 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah still a lot of texture work to do, they're pretty much just applied for now. The map is approx -65535 to 65535 on the Y axis, -24,000 to 24000 on the X axis. It's going to be a defrag map.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-15-2016 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks promising Bacon!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 08:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:!: SAFETY FIRST :!:

:)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-29-2016 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-29-2016 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: :olo:
...Biker-Girl, thats great! :cry:
Looks a bit like Vera Int Veen. :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-29-2016 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol :D

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pregnant cheeks...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-01-2016 12:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do feel we all got a certain sense of humour that most of the world will not be able to find appealing or funny, but I love it.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 04:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

monaster wrote:
I do feel we all got a certain sense of humour that most of the world will not be able to find appealing or funny, but I love it.

:up:
Thats why were still here... ;)
I prefer freaky people over boring normalo´s
EDIT: Funfact- Most lesbian-gender-guys actually look like the screenshot... :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-04-2016 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:

:olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-15-2016 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Im still playing around with the lighting, different skyboxes etc...
Support "X" on the right side will be removed.
1 wall each day. :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-15-2016 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Andy, don't worry so much about little details like what tex you used for a certain spot.
Your map won't live or die by that.
Just finish a fully playable map, geometry-wise. Textures can be discussed later.
From that latest screenie it looks very promising in height variation. Looks sweet!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-17-2016 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TY Ferraro10!
I just added a small transition-area today and working on the lights too (so you wouldnt get eye-cancer while testing).
If you want to take a look i can send you a link to an "unclipped" version, maybe you have some nice ideas that i didnt see.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-20-2016 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sure, you can drop me a PM if you don't want to show your WIP to the whole of LEM yet :).

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 09-20-2016 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn I was so psyched to see this thread reach a viewcount of 888888 and now I missed it!!!!!

Also, I think it looks very nice Andy, That how you can jump around those stairs and the pillars there!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-22-2016 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love you people still doing maps 2 years after I vanished. Never had a big name in here but tried to be present all the time!
Keep up the work guys! Hopefully everyone is still doing levels with 60+
Radiant Build 20 getting released then... or 1.7

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Small update on that "Thing":

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 09:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like the bright sunny lighting. Looks neat.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dONKEY wrote:
I like the bright sunny lighting. Looks neat.

THX, i hope it will look like that in the final-version... -just a bit better.
I have to think about the skybox/settings now.
All that pillars are screaming for "light/shadow-play"
And i have to build up a nice looking background for that scene.
:)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Replika of Arathi Basin for Open Arena (because of domination gamemode, but it works with Quake 3 and Team Arena too).

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 11-27-2016 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-28-2016 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whats that @Bacon?
My first impression was: looks like a fallen Mech (or parts of it) or parts of a space-station.
Is it a study or some playable stuff?

@Martinus:
Cool terrain-stuff, the path in the down/left corner need some blending-rework.
Respect :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 04:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
Small update on that "Thing":

beautiful detailing

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus wrote:

Replika of Arathi Basin for Open Arena (because of domination gamemode, but it works with Quake 3 and Team Arena too).

Does it use some Open Arena textures? If so, there will be some missing textures issues in Quake 3 VQ3/TA, though... Unless it redistributes them...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Update:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-20-2017 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that looks good. nice and clean, well lit, subtle low-saturation palette to highlight players/action :up:

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
Update:

I think it is taking shape very nicely but your lighting is not maxed out imo. I tried to give it a quick 2 minutes workover in photoshop (which is of course easier than achieving the same in the engine). I think you should try using light more to emphasize, set highlights on routes and items. Your upper levels are a bit overbright. I also feel like the skylight is not noticeable enough in contrast to the artificial light. I painted a bit of blue in your sky lit areas. This also adds to the overall color pallette.
Additionally I raised the overall saturation a little. This would help your orange beam details a lot imo. Maybe you can use point lights here to put some color emphasis.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thx for the tipps, i will try to squeeze some more out of the lighting.
I like what you did to the screenshot Cityy, the original looks very flat and colorless compared to you photoshoped one. :)

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 07:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, that looks amazing :) Keep it going on :) I'm now in Prague and can't continue working on my map right now :( I simply do not have access to my desktop computer where my unfinished map is saved. I planned to stay in Prague to find some half-time job and maybe some abandoned project here at the college (or found one). Will see. Maybe I will head up to home and find a job home (that way I can acquire access to my desktop computer again and continue finishing the map), but I'd like to primarily stay in Prague for a job to make some money...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
I'm now in Prague and can't continue working on my map right now :( I simply do not have access to my desktop computer where my unfinished map is saved.

Thats why i use DropBox! Even if my PC would explode or be stolen i have my Backups in DB, you should check it too! ;)
Start something new! But a good job is always better then a good map.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.