Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 04:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a lot of WAV-Chlorine :olo:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-09-2015 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My new RPG (fancy isn't it?)

A riot SWAT shield working as a weapon (it's deadly :alert: )
Some caracter like Visor, can hold it like a badass "motherflower"!

Could I edit the weapon_hand tags in milkshape somehow?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-09-2015 09:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool :)
What weapon does the riot shield replace? The Gauntlet?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 12:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Cool :)
What weapon does the riot shield replace? The Gauntlet?

Yes, the shield is a gauntlet replacement.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a very basic conversion of the terrain from Skyrim, and I'm incredibly pleased with how it's working thus far. This map spans almost the entire grid of Radiant, and I still get 125fps clean. I will look into oldschool-style terrain mapping, like in Team Arena, to add real textures; I don't know of any other way to get it working. I still don't know that this is exactly what I want, but it works pretty well and I can add in some details manually. If I find an area I really like I might put in some more work to get it even closer to perfection.

Last edited by KittenIgnition on 08-10-2015 11:30 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 05:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's awesome, but I think you will not get 125fps after adding towns and cities.
I like it! :up:
Anyway, you are a Quakeborn!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 05:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=adVH3FIykKY

This is a very basic conversion of the terrain from Skyrim, and I'm incredibly pleased with how it's working thus far. This map spans almost the entire grid of Radiant, and I still get 125fps clean. I will look into oldschool-style terrain mapping, like in Team Arena, to add real textures; I don't know of any other way to get it working. I still don't know that this is exactly what I want, but it works pretty well and I can add in some details manually. If I find an area I really like I might put in some more work to get it even closer to perfection.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=adVH3FIykKY until I figure out what's up with the YouTube tag

The YouTube tag only takes the video's ID (the part behind the ?v= in the URL) as argument:

{youtube}adVH3FIykKY{/youtube}

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@KittenIgnition: that is one of the coolest mods i have ever seen in quake! it would be great to hear how you did it.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus: Depending on the complexity, and the collision, it might actually be doable. I've already done a lot with other full-detail models from Skyrim, and the FPS isn't too awful with collision off IIRC. I might figure out some way to low-poly-ify the models, or just use the other LODs, but I think Skyrim only has two LODs: Super high detail, and <100 tris. Anyway, today is for experimenting on this front, so I'll get back later with my findings.

Eraser: Thx buddy, works now :D

Pat: It's pretty cool, and just like my (sadly still non-releasable) 3D maze, it's been years in the making of on and off work. It's actually rather simple once you find all the tools; there isn't too much skill, but there is a lot of patience. I just extract all the Skyrim resources, open the models in NifSkope, export to obj (doesn't work for some models, like flowers that you can pick in-game), then modify texture paths and import to Radiant. There's a bit more work, like making shaders and converting the textures, but they're all DDS anyway so that's easy too. Honestly, Skyrim was made for modders so it's not too obtuse to work with.

The real issues come when you want to do collision, since there's a lot of detail which makes manually clipping a pain but throws off Radiant's auto clipper.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you used for your projetc the TESV creator kit?
(ehm... is this legal to put stuff from Skyrim into our precious game? I'm just asking and really wanna know it!)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've only really used the Creation Kit to find out where things are, because it seems to have absolutely no tools for exporting anything. I use NifSkope and other third-party programs for converting and extracting resources.

As for legality, it probably isn't legal, but considering the only thing I've really shared thus far is a video (I sent the pk3 to two people), I should be fine. I won't be selling this any time soon :paranoid:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahhh... that's kinda sad (the legality) :(
Then why do you do it? Gaining experience for your upcoming stuffs? :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-10-2015 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just enjoy messing around with this kind of stuff. If I ever finish the project, I might put it up somewhere, but it likely won't get to that point and so I just enjoy the idea of it: getting a massive world into Q3 to jump around in.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 08-11-2015 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was messing around a lot before with huge terrains, problem is that I never found out what to do with them. There really isn't any gameplay to it in Q3. Ok Kitten, for your defrag there might be =D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-11-2015 03:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, terrain is really fun in Defrag if it's done right, but I agree there's not much in it for deathmatch gameplay. It just gets in the way and ends up being really awkward to move around on. There are a lot of really great maps that are almost entirely terrain in Defrag tho, and they play great.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-11-2015 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally finished modelling the AT-ST (No midichlorians were harmed in the creation of this model). Here is a quick render. Hopefully soon I will be able to give it a more dramatic pose and place it in some kind of scene.

Attachment:
atst_posed_1_qw.jpg
atst_posed_1_qw.jpg [ 241.61 KB | Viewed 548 times ]

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 08-11-2015 11:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantazm11,
wow... looks really nice. As if a detailed real-world model was standing on your table. Very impressive.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 08-12-2015 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow nice

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-12-2015 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fantastic detail!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-12-2015 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys!

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-26-2015 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello again, I'm here to break the internet... with mah new gan!
My new (better deserved looking) BFG:

So Bfg, much gun, very evil. WOW! >:D :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-26-2015 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ha, that's neat :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-27-2015 03:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Ha, that's neat :)

Well thank you sir. You're so kindly.
Spooky Scary Skeleton(s)!!!

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 08-27-2015 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks like a Wickland weapon

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-28-2015 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yo, I made a low poly frog.

I exported it to the IQM format and I'll do some mad scientist experiments with it in a undefined future.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-28-2015 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you make that a playermodel you're my hero!

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-28-2015 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spray wrote:
If you make that a playermodel you're my hero!

Haha, unfortunately I really didn't have the vanilla quake 3 player models constraints in mind when doing this :) it will be more of a NPC / cosmetic entity :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-28-2015 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you make it as a weapon? :olo:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-29-2015 01:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geez, too bad :<

Imagine that frog in Defrag jumping around :DD That would be sick!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder if we could figure out awesome haxxxxx to make it properly move around in a q3 map similar to what shio did in ancient valley...

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:
I wonder if we could figure out awesome haxxxxx to make it properly move around in a q3 map similar to what shio did in ancient valley...

http://www.lvlworld.com/review/id:2237
This ancient valley ? I'm giving it a new try right now.

I'm working on a new standalone game project with ioquake3, and the goal of the frog is to tickle an important IQM model feature, the skeletal animation ! I want to see if I can animate stuff via code :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 09-02-2015 02:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:

I "tried" (I downloaded the demos, I didn't have the skills to figure it out myself ^^) the map, and yeah, the box "pick up" system is nice :) That's definitely possible with the q3a electronics.

The only thing that remains a mystery is this room with the sand on the ground and you see a but crawling around on the wall : how did he do that ? I have to see it again :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-02-2015 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The boxes are amazing, by far the coolest part of the map, and that's really what made the map so unique.

The spider is super simple (as are all genius techniques): its an ase model which is just a flat plane that curves and wraps around the spiders path, then a tcmod scroll (I think its tcmod) with animmap for the moving legs. I need to look at it a bit closer tho, cuz to my knowledge you can't trigger a shader to start at its starting point; you can only turn it on or off but it has a global timer so it may start in the middle of its animation.

It is really clever though, and not even NSW (the guy who made the map) knew how shio did it (shio I'd a bunch of stuff on the map and helped teach NSW a bunch of tricks but mainly helped make that and cyfio df-friendly).

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-02-2015 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trip down memory lane there. I remember playing the living hell out of NSW's poptart (http://www.lvlworld.com/media/id:2006). Hours and hours to get all the objects as fast as possible.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-02-2015 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh look, it's page 200.

EDIT: Welp, I had my chance. Be smarter than me when you slaughter page 200. :paranoid:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.