Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Screenshots

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

let's see some stuff, dammit

Last edited by rgoer on 02-11-2005 07:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice thread.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll be the first... Most everyone has seen these, but whatever.

:icon26:

Last edited by redfella on 02-08-2005 01:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

electric sheep
electric sheep
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did these for fun the other day in about 20 minutes.. Threw the q3 threewave logos for shits and giggles. Learning silo now. The textures are really craptacular at this point, just wanted to get rid of some of the rust that was gathering on my texturing skills..

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moderator:

Please rename this "Screenshots of What You're Doing VII"

I left the forum after V, but I believe it lasted for almost a year, I think. I'm sure there was a VI. I don't think there was a VII.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my wulfrath map now has a little mini-site http://www.joerobinson.co.uk/wulfrath The maps not quite 100% but probably about as finished as its going to get. Its not really that playable. Working on a nice small space map now though...

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 02:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

redfella wrote:

That looks nice. :) ETA? :icon32:

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
redfella wrote:

That looks nice. :) ETA? :icon32:

Check his new thread. The second beta is in there, and it's pretty slick so far.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 07:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wb lem
show us what you've been up to rgoer :paranoid: :icon32:

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 09:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Normal mapped nigerian soldier. Something like 150 triangles, I believe. Diffuse/Specular/Normal. Edit: The gloss of his skin is 100% specular map. The diffuse map is basically just a color map, with skin details. Everything else is handled by the normal and specular maps. Diffuse map was hand painted.

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 11:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

much as I'd love to, I can't really do that blak :tear:

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 12:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,
There used to be a D3 forum, so I hope it's alright for me to post about my D3 maps here.

METHDM1 - WRONG TURN

Screenshots:

Image Image Image

Download:

http://method.gamedesign.net/methdm1.htm

METHDM2 - STATION M

Screenshots:

Image Image Image

Download:

http://method.gamedesign.net/methdm2.htm

Method

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 02:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

I haven't done any Q3A mapping for a while now, at least nothing finished enough to screen (just some trisoup/phong stuff that still only caulk). Been working on a plan for a HL2 SP chapter.

Edit: rep you've been here 2 days and already 100 posts...ffs

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 02:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey seremtan, did you finish that COD map you were working on?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 03:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah. All that external scripting pissed me off. Then HL2 came out, with in-editor scripting and physics. No contest.

It's done to a point where you could run around in it and look at it and shoot trees with the mounted MG42s, so if you want I could upload it.

PostPosted: 02-09-2005 03:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye, be nice to have a fly around if you've already got it pk3'd.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is something I released just before Q3W died called The Pyramid of the Magician

Its been in the oven, cooking for a very long time and uses a massive amount of goodies from the q3map2 compiler by Ydnar from Shaderlab. It features new textures, models and sounds and is not a small download (21.8Mb) for all you modem users out there. The map was designed primarily to be visually pleasing but with the help of some friends it also has good solid gameplay as well. I would like to stress that this map is not designed for low end graphic cards.

Some screenshots for the villagers:

Enjoy
Sock
3D Ruin

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by AEon on 09-22-2009 12:12 AM, edited 1 time in total.Reason: lvlshot'ed that image.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

omg puke city!

(Looks nice though :D)

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have two pre-alpha pic.s of something I started to work on for JA, but my current schedule is not going to allow me to touch it again for a good while I think. Actually I have had time to touch it since last December >.< These two pic.s only show the atrium area, and yes the background is caulked out in a number of places currently.

Ravensoft
Personal Site

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm almost certain I've seen those shots a _long_ time ago? :p

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably on Mapcenter :) I posted ones the first week I messed with the idea.

Ravensoft
Personal Site

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, that's problaby it. :)
I remember the last shot with the cool funky "circle of patch" thingy :p

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't done anything since my last map which was released a long time ago.

If anyone is posting screenshots from a game that isn't Q3, could they post what game it is?

That screenshot from Hipshot, that's the Source engine right? And those shots from Raven, after closer inspection that could be Q3, but to be honest it looks more like something that came from Unreal Tournament 2004 (which, if it's Q3 after all, is a good thing mind you)

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nuub! he said it was for JA :p

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven: I remember those screen shots too, they look great. Is that the map you were working on with Jesterspaz, or was that a different one?

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here are some doodles I did in spare time after work.

Senator John Kerry. This is quite old, actually. Hand painted diffuse, with a specular and normal map. I can't remember, but the triangle count was under 250. I didn't want to pursue hair not as an artistic decision, rather because I left the original model bald and the only viable solution would be to model the hair polygonally as a solid state mesh as one with the head. I didn't like this idea, nor did I like the idea of putting a million planes on his head to get a very squaresoft/anime/unrealistic look, so I left him bald. Once he began ducking personal attacks and replying with the same speeches, I knew that the designing men had not chosen him to be president, so I didn't bother to care anymore. I was creating him with intents of making two models, Bush and Kerry for use as custom deathmatch models, but decided it was boring and predictable.

Image Image

Here is a quick sketch I did as an exercise in high and low polygon modeling. I call her jawdrop. I had created an environment (slaughter house) where human bodies were hanging, bloated and decaying, blood dried in streaks from where it had previously dripped. This was one of the quick heads that I created, which would be then placed upon a meathook by the mandible. The top shot is the fully detailed version, from which I extracted the normal map. The bottom shot is the diffuse illuminated low poly model, again hovering betwixt 200 and 300 triangles. The hook was temporary, used only for reference.

ImageImage

Here was an exercise in the study of anatomy. I created this man, and then sliced him in half, detailing the inner workings of his body, or how my brain remembered them to appear. I did not want to get too scientifically detailed, as such a process reaps little rewards, for this venture.

Each doodle was approximately 2-4 hours of work in my spare time.

Edit: Just realized the obvious fact that everyone posted is bald! :dork: Here's the head of a chechen fighter. It weighs in at around 400 triangles, and as always is accompanied by the diffuse, normal, and specular maps. The diffuse is very temporary... The hair is just a base color right now, and is totally bereft of detail. The only real work I did on the diffuse texture was from the jaw up to the bridge of the nose. All shadow detail is being created by the normal map.

Last edited by rep on 02-09-2005 02:12 PM, edited 2 times in total.

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:

This is sweet. What software do you use for modelling?

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Discreet 3D Studio Max 5.1 is what I use for modeling. Adobe Photoshop 7 and Corel Painter 8 for textures.

"Latman" is based on Alex Grey's beautiful multi-level painting for "Lateralus." There are no normal map tricks or anything on him. He's purely polygonal. It's been a while since I opened up his file, but I think at last revision, his head alone was around 2 million polygons... Suitable for the Quake VI engine.

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes Myth that was the map I was planning out with Jester, but we chopped our ideas up and went smaller scale due to time frame. He has a number of chunks he might try to make a deathmatch or tourney map with at some point.

Ravensoft
Personal Site

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot wrote:

When are you going to pimp the material you had going over at Map-Center? I swear on everything there where two or three shoots I came across that if I would have googled and found em' I would never know they where "in-game" shoots. Great work on that shoot above as well.

Eraser wrote:
Haven't done anything since my last map which was released a long time ago.

If anyone is posting screenshots from a game that isn't Q3, could they post what game it is?

That screenshot from Hipshot, that's the Source engine right? And those shots from Raven, after closer inspection that could be Q3, but to be honest it looks more like something that came from Unreal Tournament 2004 (which, if it's Q3 after all, is a good thing mind you)

Was it you that made a Quake 2 map where the Stroggs (whatever the bad guys name where) spawned non-stop? There was more to it but for such a simple idea it was great fun!.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
That screenshot from Hipshot, that's the Source engine right?

No, Hipshots map is made for the q3 engine.

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 03:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voodoochopstiks wrote:
Eraser wrote:
That screenshot from Hipshot, that's the Source engine right?

No, Hipshots map is made for the q3 engine.

wow, so where can i download it :)

hipshot, was looking at your site - any plans for your TC work in progress to make it to TC:E?

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 03:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
wow, so where can i download it :)

hipshot, was looking at your site - any plans for your TC work in progress to make it to TC:E?

You can't download this map. There will be no more screens either, the shot here was taken before I had to sign a NDA, and its also very old now. The end.

I will continue the TC/TCET map. I just need to setup two GTk 1.4 installs, when I figure out how. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.