Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 08:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaz - yeh... after the forum changeover I forgot my PW (was also in autolog on). So i re-registered as urgrund, which is what i use on every other forum :)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 04:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
Looks great for a first time.

Thanks. Yeah, they look pretty good at least from a far. :)

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

urgrund777 wrote:
Kaz - yeh... after the forum changeover I forgot my PW (was also in autolog on). So i re-registered as urgrund, which is what i use on every other forum :)

if you want your postcount to be transfered, and icon (dont know if you had one), go to one of the stickys in the general discussion forum

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pre-beta shots of my 2v2 submission to the cpma mapping comp. Not as pretty as some of my other work, but hey, its all about the gameplay right? :D

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks cool! It won't win though, invertedpenguin beats all ez style :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

probably some guy we have never heard of will come out of nowhere and win it all..

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stormshadow. where did you get this tile texture you use on some of the walls from?
i've been searching for soemthing like this for ages :)

PostPosted: 03-17-2005 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks Ikka'-ish, not sure tho :paranoid:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks nice stormshadow, is there any beta in soon :p ?
Textures seem to be picked from badmeat :shrug:

sumatra

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

huh... yeah. sounds plausible. i'll check it out :icon14:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mmm, spotlights with no source :p

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 06:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look in the ceiling mate!

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 07:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lights that high up wouldn't create such an effect. He said he'd upped the gamma, but still.
It needs to be more pale and more smooth. The light spots should be much bigger too.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Albeit a surreal and nonrealistic source, but still a source. Egdsson.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 08:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i would add one of these transparent shaders that usually are used for spotligt effects

[edit] but not a white one - something orange, something more subtle

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voodoochopstiks wrote:
Albeit a surreal and nonrealistic source, but still a source. Egdsson.

Uh, you'r an idiot. :p

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a little area I made for my current D3 SP map, although it's not in the map anymore, so I figured might as well show someone :P

http://www.planetdoom.com/zombie/shots/doom3/sp2/temple_10.jpg

Z

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zombie13 wrote:
This is a little area I made for my current D3 SP map, although it's not in the map anymore, so I figured might as well show someone :P

http://www.planetdoom.com/zombie/shots/doom3/sp2/temple_10.jpg

Z

Shit zombie, that looks nice!

Great to see you back here too! ;)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-21-2005 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beta probably within a week

and yes, i got the textures from badmeat.. http://www.badmeat.com

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 01:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wish i had somthing to post :( i have not done any mapping in ages. looks like i need to start it up agine, i think i miight do some quake 2 stuff been playing through it recently and it got me all fired up :D

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do it.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 10:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EDIT - sorry, felt I should remove the screens. I don't think I'm meant to be showing screens off that aren't officially on our website yet :paranoid:

I'll post once we've released some more.

Last edited by urgrund777 on 03-28-2005 06:19 AM, edited 2 times in total.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beautiful

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 02:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
beautiful++

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 03:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TRU DAT

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does that still use the normal bumpmap artwork to produce that effect? You don't need to do anything special other than normal, height etc??

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

look at his website, it's for http://www.u-235studios.com/ using http://artificialstudios.com/ "reality engine"

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

omg³

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know what this thing is. It just a shape I wanted to make, but it might be cool for carrying massive pipes or something. I'm sure I'll use it someday. :)

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

unitool - the textures could use some contrast is think.

kaz - awesome! :>

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaz, very nice, but you need some less steep and more sandy beaches, right now its just rock :/ More sand and turquoise water, with a nice blue sky. Looks too grungy now imo.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats looking pretty cool Kaz. maybe add a 3rd texture blend into the terrain? (white sand?)

kat - yeh, the shader requires normal and height information and the process to create these are no different to standard normalmaps and displacement maps.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 06:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[lvlshot]http://www.infosprite.com/members/Pext/pext3dm1_01.jpg[/lvlshot]

lighting is not really defined yet; brushwork is what is currently done.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 09:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

urgrund777 wrote:
..kat - yeh, the shader requires normal and height information and the process to create these are no different to standard normalmaps and displacement maps.
You guys appear to be making the game with fan content creation in mind, a good '+' in my book.

@ Kaziganthe : yeah get rid of the autoclipping, you don't really need it for that map as most of the content looks pretty 'formal' and grid aligned. I thought it was an RtCW/ET map at 1st. :icon26:

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 09:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really like the lighting. It is very realistic to the setting. I wish it were bigger though. It sort of reminds me of those wooden castle things they have at parks that you can play lava monster on. It makes me so nastalgic.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.