Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Go 1.5!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$ http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/files/ra ... -02-08.msi $$$$$$$$$$

(hipshot kom upp på msn!)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:
Was it you that made a Quake 2 map where the Stroggs (whatever the bad guys name where) spawned non-stop? There was more to it but for such a simple idea it was great fun!.

lol yeah, that was something I whipped up back in the Q2 days. It was one of the first maps I had ever made and it wasn't much more than just a box with a tower :)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a test map for Doom 3.

finally managed to get my character model into the game and behave resonably well..!

mapobjects

room *without* a view

more info here
http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8579

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dwarfs are invading! :icon28: >.<

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DAMN SEXY! d0rf rocks the house!

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Yes Myth that was the map I was planning out with Jester, but we chopped our ideas up and went smaller scale due to time frame. He has a number of chunks he might try to make a deathmatch or tourney map with at some point.

Man I can't stop looking at your sig. :drool:
Keep thinking if the circles will miss the hole this time! :icon28:

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes sig makes me hot too. Extremely addictive sig! Only thing its missing is a transparent background so it blends seamlessly into q3w...

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool, RTCW or ET? I assume RTCW?

It looks quite nice anyway, what is the name of it?

(edit: oh, mp_warehouse, I read up a bit)

Last edited by voodoochopstiks on 02-11-2005 08:40 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would be nice if everyone stuck to 640x screenshots MAX!, like Fjoggs and Sock, to not messup the width of the threads. I hate having to make my browser window wider just because of a few images.

We definately need [lvlshot] back.

Thanx.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's bloody nice Kat. Well done :icon14:

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bah why rename the thread now it's just another in a series

it had so much character before

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and besides: while I am (of course) quite interested in seeing the stuff people are doing currently, I am just as interested in seeing any stuff we may have missed over the months since LEM was last alive.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm working on a commercial project now. ^__^

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
That's bloody nice Kat. Well done :icon14:
Heh, thanks matey. I've got to 'dirty it up' a bit now, dust on the floor dirt on the walls, that kind of thing, using decals

@ AEon : the screenies *are* 640 width, on this page at least, that extra scrolling is something that the phhBB board does for some odd reason.

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes sig makes me hot too. Extremely addictive sig! Only thing its missing is a transparent background so it blends seamlessly into q3w...

It is pure thought altering mind candy watch closely and drown in its conformity :)

Ravensoft
Personal Site

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*drools* :drool:

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 12:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kat wrote:
@ AEon : the screenies *are* 640 width, on this page at least, that extra scrolling is something that the phhBB board does for some odd reason.

I am not sure if these missunderstandings are on purpose? Check page *1* for at least 2 posts that are wider than 640x (one was 1024), this page *2* of the thread is obviously ok.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 12:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This frame is for a tour of Japan my girlfriend and I are doing next month. It's being built to my specifications by Bernie Mikkelsen of Alameda, CA. For the bike dorks, it's lugged steel, 60cm square, and the whole thing splits in two at those big lugs in the middle of the main tubes so it can be packed into a glorified suitcase for air travel.

I have a blog about it on my day job, TypePad, where I've been staying away from game programming for a while. :)

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bernie Mikkelsen eh?
Is he scandinavian? :)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's something intrinsically unsound about a bike frame that physically comes apart when not moving..!! ;)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
I have two pre-alpha pic.s of something I started to work on for JA, but my current schedule is not going to allow me to touch it again for a good while I think. Actually I have had time to touch it since last December >.< These two pic.s only show the atrium area, and yes the background is caulked out in a number of places currently.

i remember these shots when you originally posted them, way back. it looks _really_ cool

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
I made a higher res-version of some of the wolfenstein textures (above) for D3, although it seems they're resized down to 256x256 anyway...
Create your working files in 512x512 but resize them down to 256 when you prep them for D3... using 512x512 'just for the hell of it' as a lot of the D3 community is doing is a serious waste of resources. The only reason you should be using textures that big is if you have a large area to cover.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is from a post I made on a different forum discussing my texture theory and methods. I was directing it at someone who used a 2048x2048 for a WWII German hand grenade. :lol: Remember, the texturespace you use is only good for the amount of screenspace it will take.

"In a first person shooter, for always visible models, such as weapons, you should stick with the 256-1024 range. 256 is perfectly suitable for many weapons, such as grenades, fists, knives, etc. 512 and 1024 should be fine for guns.

Ammo or bullets should never ever be above 256, there is no reason for that, even if it's a large round.

Keep all the texture sizes scale to each other... For example, if a hand uses a 256x256 texture, something that is the same size of a hand should use a 256x256 texture. If it's something that will fit in the hand, such as a grenade, then use a 128x128. If it's a steilhandgrante, or other german grenade that has visible text on it, then perhaps it is necessary to give it a 256x256 so the text is nice and sharp, and make sure the throw animation brings the grenade quickly towards your 'eyes' in the game, so the text is real big and noticable to the player.

PC Gamers rarely go above 1280x1024 when playing. Most people I know stick with in between 1024x768 and 1280x1024, so remember that by using 1024x1024 textures, you will only really ever see that sort of detail when that item uses the entire screen. With today's video cards, high levels of anisotropic filtering are easy to achieve with no performance loss, therefor eliminating any mipmap blur on ground surface textures if the player has it enabled.

If you work well with high resolution textures, don't bother texturing at smaller more reasonable sizes. Just do what you do, how you're used to, and then resize the images. You'll then be able to test out the 128x128 version of something and compare it to the 256x256 and really debate if you need the 256x256. You might even find that a 32x32 is perfectly acceptable, for example, with a bullet texture. In some situations, working in the native resolution is the best, so if something looks good at 128x128 after you've resized it from 1024x1024, you can use your pixels better in a lot of cases by 'tracing' over your resized texture and thus having complete control over your pixels while removing any results of resampling.

Make sure all the original huge textures are kept, so in 8 years when you and your mod buddies just get done making "Half-Unreal Doom Rise of the Triad Tournament 2013" that you can release a 'super high quality ultimate edition' of your old mod."

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 11:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voodoochopstiks wrote:

I still have the transparencies I made of this :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 03:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's so beautiful..... can't..... stop..... looking at it...

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Excellent!!! Thank you for making the transparent version of it :)

Ravensoft
Personal Site

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
I'm working on a commercial project now. ^__^

cool, i really like the stuff you did for Jedi Academy :icon31:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Excellent!!! Thank you for making the transparent version of it :)

Seriously, if there's a thing called e-boner, I'm having one now. :drool:

Torchy: :paranoid: JA you say? Where? I think you'r mistaking me for someone else, as I only work with q3a. :p

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doh, seems i have you mixed up with someone else on map-center then :icon25: . he did some nice duel maps.. ahh well

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 09:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a plan to finish all my old, unfinished levels - this one is something like one year old. It's ctf/ntf level for CPMA. Right now only "neutral", central area left - both bases are ready.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sexy stuff lukin! Andromeda $$$ :D

CTF maps are really in the need for cpma now, so, good move! :D

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lukin... looking good! But isn't it a tad dark for q3?

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks a bit boxy doesn't it? ;)

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, it's too dark - this will be changed.
Yes, it's a bit boxy - this won't be changed :D

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hah, lazy. :P

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.