Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-30-2013 04:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will it be possible to see the head from the outside somewhere?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-30-2013 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bliccer wrote:
Will it be possible to see the head from the outside somewhere?

Only in spectator mode...

Edit: Who said goatse teleporter? :D

It sucks you into a nice and warm place...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-04-2013 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:

It sucks you into a nice and warm place...

It reminds me an portal from the 'Sliders' tv series :P

Last edited by AEon on 04-09-2013 06:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.Reason: lvlshot should be our friend.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-06-2013 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

isn't there a shader parm that can make a surface writhe about? stick it on that thing for maximum yuck factor

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-06-2013 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"deformVertexes" and "surfaceparm anus".

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-06-2013 08:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
"surfaceparm anus".

:olo:

Cannot unsee.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-06-2013 08:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't that game "Prey" feature a bunch of anus and vagina doors?

Yep...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-06-2013 10:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those are the kind of things that you remember of games, eh

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-07-2013 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Those are the kind of things that you remember of games, eh

Come on, as if you don't remember the same thing and though exactly the same thing ;)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-13-2013 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

i don't know what's more disturbing about this pic - the poop-stained anal door or the blood-stained wrench about to attack it

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-23-2013 01:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WIP Mars City Reception.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2013 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that The Villiage People I see riding on unicorns?

(looks good, but maybe tone down saturation on the rainbows or experiment with analogous color schemes)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-24-2013 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my gallery of the first map for the q3a stargate project
http://www.camelplus.tv/stargate-project/gallery.php

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-25-2013 03:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We are a bit on a steam here, so here is another WIP.

Mars City Living Quarters

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-04-2013 10:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My map has a bunch of entities in it...

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 05-07-2013 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Already said it on IRC but damn nice shot Eraser! :p
My 2011 duel map cure was eventually added to QuakeLive yesterday.

Screenshot from the QuakeLive facebook page

You should check out the other maps, Repent and Arcane Citadel, as well - they are astonishing!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-08-2013 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
Already said it on IRC but damn nice shot Eraser! :p
My 2011 duel map cure was eventually added to QuakeLive yesterday.
You should check out the other maps, Repent and Arcane Citadel, as well - they are astonishing!

Nice map, but this trailer rocks your pants :DDD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xToW_k8XSP4 (Arcane Citadel)

@Eraser: Ingame \o/

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-08-2013 06:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bliccer wrote:
@Eraser: Ingame \o/

Soon. Be patient :)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-08-2013 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geX wrote:

Oh very nice and geat lighting for doom3! Is it 4+ lights per face?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-09-2013 02:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geX wrote:

The still looks good, except that fence/grid texture the soldier stands on. Is it a selfmade or an original? It looks way too comicish.
And cables to the neon lights "A2" would be nice.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 10:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New Cerberon:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 10:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Emerald: I posted a comment in the thread on the QL forums a while back but some slimy mod went and deleted it. That map is truly outstanding. I prefered the first alpha layout to the later versions but that's just me. It certainly stacks up with the best CTF maps out there. Well done. Now how about entering the competition...?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 10:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, contrary to popular belief those textures are almost all copied directly from diffuse textures in Quake 4, not made by cityy. Kind of disappointed he doesn't correct this perception, it kind of borders of plagiarism.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 05-28-2013 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Me having made those textures is more of a general assumption than anything else as I never pretended being involved with the creation.
I simply did some shadow painting on the diffuse maps and addes some of my own textures (barely any).

I will comment on the shots when I got more than a smartphone to view them. Looks good here already though!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-28-2013 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Emerald: Awesome. But what about good old rockwalls instead of a brush with a rock texture (first pic)?
It's super interesting to see your progress from the first map you posted here on q3w to this one above.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-28-2013 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ET Damn man, that's looking great. good job man! :up:

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-28-2013 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice, EmeraldTiger! I really like how those colors work together.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 05-30-2013 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello people ! I saw That Tigger over at Lvl updated the page for my map "Lo Sota Olt" ! I don't think he'll be updating the screenshots, so here you go.

You can also check out the article I wrote about what changed on my blog !

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 06-02-2013 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I am finally back home now, able to see the shots on a propper display!
The level of detail looks really good in your shots, EmeraldTiger. In the second pic, is that pipe a dropdown from the pre base high level? \o/
I'm curious to see the red base, I bet it looks even better. :) The only thing that bugs me right now in those pics is the rockwall around the flag. Btw, are you still using minlight in those shots?

@D-Meat: I remember this one, time for a revisit!

Edit: Emeraldtiger, go sign up for the mapping competition!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-02-2013 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@D-Meat: Nice to see you back here!
Write me on msn, please (if this thing is still online), I think I want to talk to you about a tiny thingy =)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-13-2013 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello

Can I control how my map looking in fullscreen and non fullscreen mode ?

Here how it looks like now, first in fullscreen:

then how I expect to see always in non-fullscreen mode:

I just want that the map look exactly the same as in no fullscreen, is this depend on user or map settings ?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-13-2013 01:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is because of r_overbrightbits 1. It doesnt work in windowed mode. Overbrightening is like HDR, but only possible in fullscreen mode.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-13-2013 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Noruen wrote:
It is because of r_overbrightbits 1. It doesnt work in windowed mode. Overbrightening is like HDR, but only possible in fullscreen mode.

Yes thank you, that is what I've meant, but overall number of maps looking better with r_overbrightbits 1, atleast all q3 standard maps, well I think I will have to force peoples to play on my map with r_overbrightbits set to 0 then :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-14-2013 03:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Since I dived into Radiant for two days I thought I could post my outcome here...
It's supposed to be another redesign of a defrag map for my upcoming df-vid (like rhv, some pages before).

Initial idea with the tentacles and its style came from spray (very good lvldesigner, known in df universe). When he didn't respond to my messages anymore, I took over his map and added the details I wanted him to add. Now it's kind of a mix of the tentacles idea and the still-frame map "estatica". A cutie white/green octopussy coming out of the map.

before_1
after_1

before_2
after_2

before_3
after_3

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2013 03:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice stuff, Bliccer. Lovely looking croissant in the final screenshot ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.