Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 08:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it available to d/l

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 08:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was going to do a model pack ages ago, I don't wanna release it with that bad glass shader though, but I guess it doesn't matter... if anyone wants this now, I can just pack it up.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-15-2015 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot wrote:
I was going to do a model pack ages ago, I don't wanna release it with that bad glass shader though, but I guess it doesn't matter... if anyone wants this now, I can just pack it up.

I think its a good Idea to release it! Im starting to do some Mapobjects with radiant atm.
We should do a new "MAP-OBJECTS 4 DL" thread!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-18-2015 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Today was "small-hallway"-Time :)

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 10-18-2015 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks rather nice... those metal brackets "stabilizing" the corners are unusual... not sure they make sense, but look interesting. In any case a good application of Sock's Industrial texture set.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-19-2015 02:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can't get out from those ordinary things like pipes and grates. You need loose tile and crates and you'll have all the ordinary things what all these kind of maps have.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-19-2015 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus wrote:
You can't get out from those ordinary things like pipes and grates. You need loose tile and crates and you'll have all the ordinary things what all these kind of maps have.

No space for crates in that room... :clownboat:

EDIT:
Maybe i will put out a test-version of this one... Anyone knows that wishful "maybe one week to go" thinking?? :olo: :cry:

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 10-25-2015 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:ninja: I'm still alive lurking every day watching Andy post better and better shots week by week. I just started working on my bachelor thesis about temporary urban living in regards to refugees, commuters, tourists.. which is why mapping is still far down on my list of awesome things to spend my day with.
Sometimes, I give CAD courses to younger students because software is not really a thing that's taught at my university (except rhino3d+maxwell) and our student association is trying to fill that gap. Presently I'm doing an ArchiCAD course in combination with a short Photoshop visualization segment. ArchiCAD is BIM (Building Information Modeling) software with an integration of cinema4D's rendering engine. Unfortunately there is no good implementation of texture mapping in it right now (at least none that I am aware of) so I do most of my *texturing* work in Photoshop. Here is what I prepared to do with the fellow students during the course: A little outdoor render of Tadao Ando's Church of the light

Over & Out

Edit: fixed the link :toothy:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-25-2015 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
I do most of my rendering work in Photoshop.

What now? How does that work?

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 10-25-2015 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
cityy wrote:
I do most of my rendering work in Photoshop.

What now? How does that work?

Don't be picky; I might have been drinking! Meant to say texturing of course.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-27-2015 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heya check dis album out!
http://imgur.com/a/ZUmaO

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-27-2015 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
Sometimes, I give CAD courses to younger students because software is not really a thing that's taught at my university (except rhino3d+maxwell) and our student association is trying to fill that gap.

Sounds nice! Any chance to get into that?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-29-2015 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Close to the finish-line :)
Test coming next week.

@SiliconeMilk:
Nice stuff (maybe try some type of wood-frame [support] for the modular look like this:
http://imgur.com/ZLkMoO2
) , its always interesting to look at shots from SDKs if never took my hands on. But sometimes im scared too :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 04:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread needs some spam! :)

Im looking for a test release within the next 2 weeks.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 04:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks pretty cool. Jump pad needs some kind of structure holding it up. Looks like a slab, wouldn't support itself.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 05:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And those splotches on the floor should be under all the open to the sky (i.e. rain) vegetation... and not spamming the full floor (1st shot, left), IMO. In the 2nd screenshot, on the arena floor under the greenery on the right.

Map looks nice though. I like the Quake II'ish style.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

THX Guys, youre great!
I really didnt think that much about the greenery, youre right Aeon and i think it will look pretty cool! Thanks for the Tip!
And THX @Obsidian for just be Obsidian!
:)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:paranoid:

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That fkd is a beautiful map, I wish this was made 15 years earlier for CA games.
Any chance to avoid the tilling textures on the top level?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's all really early stuff so hardly any detailing has been done.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
It's all really early stuff so hardly any detailing has been done.

:eek:

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd,
I think you presented a map with a modern Gothic interpretation at some point. This is a new one though? Looks very fresh for a Gothic map. Nice work.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow nice, two new maps =)

@Andy, you are inspired a little by Pats new level here, graphics-vise?

@fkd, nice, lots of details as usual, I like to jump around your levels, cause there's usually a lot to look at!

You both should up these to the QL workshop btw, when they are done!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 01:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@fdk: This looks soo great!
@Hipshot: Im inspired by many of you Guys here, in this map im using the same Textures that Pat used for Hydra (Socks Industrial). I will upload it to the workshop when its ready to go.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

liking the look of both.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-05-2015 08:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its an old one for "world of padman"

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-05-2015 08:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not really an screenshot, but here is gusq3ctf3 trailer:

Could quick reply have a preview function?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 03:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looking great Andy :up: . Have you considered different colours for the flooredges? Grey to grey doesn't really contrast them. On the first pic you have them in brown, by the two floorspots. That is distinguishable.
Looking forward to play that one fkd. Really good texturing with relativily easy geometry, it looks epic.

Edit: it's the lighting with lava, contrasted by the 6000 Kelvin (?) downlights that gives it that superb touch. Very well done :up: . Again, can't wait to play it.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The video is too dark, at least for me =(

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 08:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some areas had buggy lights. Thanks for reporting, was already fixed now.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-07-2015 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@fKd: looks great for big games!
@AndyW: nice, but it looks weird the way you rotated that concrete seam texture vertically by the raised platform. i would leave it horizontal the way sock made it, otherwise the shadows and highlights might not make sense.

edit: @Hipshot: that layout screenshot reminds me of an archaeological dig site :)

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 11-07-2015 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
:paranoid:

You said it's one of your first creations. Any download? It looks really brilliant <3

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-08-2015 09:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last stable release was in 2013...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 11-09-2015 06:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New version on the road? Can't wait for :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-10-2015 06:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just to report, 1.6.4 works in Windows 10. Don't know anything about 1.6.5 besides it exists, though :/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.