Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-04-2013 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quakish version of q3dm16 "Bouncy Map". Inpired by this Q3 Beta screenshot: http://quake.de/showpicture.php?name=qu ... eta_13.jpg

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-05-2013 12:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice! Does this mean you can't fall off the map anymore?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-05-2013 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Very nice! Does this mean you can't fall off the map anymore?
Yes, no space map anymore. There are only 2 small pits of death. (see 4th shot)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-05-2013 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs give us the head map already! (screens look nice, but I don't like the q1 setting in general :/)

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 07-06-2013 01:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice texture set, and reinterpretation of that map.

sst13 wrote:
Quakish version of q3dm16 "Bouncy Map". Inpired by this Q3 Beta screenshot: http://quake.de/showpicture.php?name=qu ... eta_13.jpg

For those into a bit more nostalgia you might like to take a look at my (pretty old) nostalgia page comparing pre-release Q3A images with final ones. The above beta shot is also there:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-25-2013 05:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New Minecraft castle :D

My (read: cpu's) converter still needs to be updated for 1.6, and the current version is very buggy already. I need to fix a lot of textures and fine-tune it, but the basic structure is still there.

The map is also not finished yet. I need to make it a lot bigger... at least twice as big. Maybe I'll find a better inspiration than this crappy Skipness Castle.

I also intend to do lighting in Max, not q3map2, because why not?

And this current texture pack is not fitting at all. I will find a more grungy pack, because everyone loves grunge!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-25-2013 11:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, does that convert minecraft maps to Q3A? Does it do minecraft terrain as well?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-26-2013 02:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Love the look of this, the Q1 textures are great and the chunky geometry is spot on.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-26-2013 04:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
lol, does that convert minecraft maps to Q3A? Does it do minecraft terrain as well?

You can select chunks to export and it exports every block as a brush. At the moment it doesn't merge brushes, so there are tens of thousands of brushes in a relatively small area most of the time, which is why terrain is impractical at the moment.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-26-2013 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-29-2013 05:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

camel wrote:

Nice rain!
I've made a similar effect a couple years ago on a level (to be released, uh), where the rain makes impact with the ground as it hits, obviously fake, but combined with a moving stormy sky and some sounds effects, it actually looks quiet nice!

Edit: I used the fur-shader system to spread the impacts over surfaces.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-29-2013 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot wrote:
camel wrote:

Nice rain!
I've made a similar effect a couple years ago on a level (to be released, uh), where the rain makes impact with the ground as it hits, obviously fake, but combined with a moving stormy sky and some sounds effects, it actually looks quiet nice!

Edit: I used the fur-shader system to spread the impacts over surfaces.

Do you still have it ?
if yes, could you show it how it looks, i'm curious :)

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 07-30-2013 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 12:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That map is weird... I get higher fps on it than I do on other, seemingly less demanding maps :S

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 02:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Completely wrong level - however that one did have rain and uses that fur shader to spread it accross a surface.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 05:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I know better now. :D

Time to post a little bit of an update, not quake though. I am working on this for school at the moment, using Rhinoceros 3D and Maxwell.

Massive image:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15072710/3d/SoSe13/KB3_AUFGABE4/files/aufgabe4_Perspektive.png

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 06:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice! Good to see that you got the lighting sorted out and finished adding all the details.

Where's the power cable for that lamp going, though? Not sure if I like the satellite dish and AC unit out the window. This neighbourhood looks pretty upscale but the building on the left looks like concrete jungle.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ha... the table lamp I suggested made it into the image, and so did the ceiling light :)

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, thanks guys for your feedback!

Good point about the building obsidian, I kind of like how it breaks things up but you are certainly right.. maybe I will find a better option.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
Ha... the table lamp I suggested made it into the image, and so did the ceiling light :)

I made the exact same suggestions... :paranoid:

What's going on here, cityy?

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 11:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obsidian, we may just think of the pretty much same obvious things. Those "Art Deco"-ish lights are featured in almost every US series (in Libraries, or Police Stations etc.) and using more light sources would be the apparent thing to do in an otherwise forced monochrome setting.

I also agree with Obsidian, that satellite dish and the aircon are somewhat "ugly" (though sadly quite plausible reality based). I had the feeling the image was set in the 1920s... so the phone on the table would have to be made a dial phone with old design as well, IMO.

About the lamp cable: One could be kinda avant guard, and add a round hole, with "metal" ring right into the table top where the cable conveniently disappears. That might even look elegant.

Yes, I'm nitpicking...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-31-2013 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks great cityy

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 03:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice render, but ähm... why is the table turned 180degree? Kind of annyoing to always go around the table to get to the drawers :smirk:

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats a "feature" Bliccer

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-07-2013 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
Quakish version of q3dm16 "Bouncy Map".

Amazing stuff, really love the vibe and different floor levels. :D

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 08-08-2013 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
Yes, I know better now. :D

Time to post a little bit of an update, not quake though. I am working on this for school at the moment, using Rhinoceros 3D and Maxwell.

Cityy nuked the intertubes from orbit and AEon quoted it just to be sure. No problem guys. -Obs

Please post more images that are 78MB, I'm sure we all have 100+ Gbit.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 08-08-2013 03:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry, changed it to be an url - I changed the file in the dropbox, forgot I had it linked here..

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-18-2013 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey
I was in vacation in Prague so I had to visit lego store as we don't have one in Slovenia
because I needed to buy some pieces to finish the table.
Not a Q3 map, but i thought it might be interesting to see :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-18-2013 11:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, cool :)
Got a bit lazy on that 4th leg tho? ;)

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 08-18-2013 11:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Which ones are structural or detail?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-27-2013 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Earlier I posted some editor shots of this map. I listened to the feedback (thank you guys) and I made changes accordingly. This only shows the areas that are finished. Except for the last shot in which the hallway needs some extra light. Most of the map is done except for the lighting. Only one area left to build so expect some more screenshots soon. Feedback is always appreciated.

Big versions:

Last edited by Infernis on 08-27-2013 06:32 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-27-2013 06:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like Quake 2 :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-27-2013 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stick a radio tower or some other detail along that skyline to add something interesting to look at. Big flat wall/roof lines are kind of boring to look at. Convert those crates to models and give them a slight rotation. Strogg are cybernetic, but probably not perfectionists.

I'm digging it otherwise.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 08-27-2013 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis,
hope you will be posting this map in new a thread here at LEM, to let us give you some feedback. Looks like fun to playtest the map.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-27-2013 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It's actually meant to represent Quake (it's uses remakes of the original Base texture set). But the door and the logo's might make it look more like Quake 2 though. Other areas will definitively have a more original Quake vibe (I hope). Feedback noted.

Aeon of course! In case you don't recognize it, this map is build on a lot of your feedback. Original thread here.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.