Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        What do you enjoy most about mapping ??

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What do you enjoy most about mapping ??

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-12-2015 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its funny, im doing more Radiant stuff then i play Quake! :D
And im having more Fun doing stuff in Radiant then playing Quake :alert:
I never was a badass "pro" player something... this means not im "canned food" but sometimes QL really made Andy go angry! >:D
I prefer usless mapping to usless gaming!

What about you Guys?

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 04-14-2015 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm the same as you, I have more fun making stuff. It's always more enjoyable to create content to me than playing an actual game itself, with Quake 3 being the exception. With Quake 3, I enjoy both equally.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-14-2015 04:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoy both equally. I spend more time in Radiant that I do in game though. I have dozens of unfinished maps that im not happy with, and never find the motivation to finish.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-15-2015 07:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think to me its cool that i worked alot on constructions in real Life. So i have some ideas about how "some" things really work.
But Radiant is way cooler, you dont have to carry tons of material up to the 3rd Floor! :D :D
I think many of those "architects" have cool designs and layouts, but they even dont know how much pain it is to realize some of their work in real life... :( Thats why its annoying to work for those People, they just have cool ideas and you have to figure out how to do the stuff they want... They get 3000/each Month, and me stupid get maybee 800-900 each month.
Real life somtimes really sucks!
EAT THE RICH!
:alert:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I always get jealous of other games and their cool engines that can handle massive open worlds, and the insane resources that they have to make said massive worlds. So I take all their stuff and try to put it in Quake.

I also like making stuff though; it's fun to play on something and enjoy it, but also know that I made it.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 07:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:
I always get jealous of other games and their cool engines that can handle massive open worlds, and the insane resources that they have to make said massive worlds. So I take all their stuff and try to put it in Quake.

Yeah! Reduce it to the MAX.
Good Guy :up:

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 04-22-2015 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quakerim

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.