Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Terragen 4

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Terragen 4

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 05:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi. I've downloaded and installed Terragen 4 Free Version to try out in aid of making some own skyboxes. However, the controls are so difficult to figure out. I can't close a shader window that got docked under nodes list display, can't even move it, undock it, etc. I can't therefore select another node in the list. And from Terragen 1, which I tried out first few years ago, it's been a little while. This new version looks so different, and feels so different. First TG had instantly generated terrain mesh shader, now I need to make it?

And one last thought. Any way to automate the skyblock creation for me? Or at least some guide to make the script? How to render top and bottom portions according to the front-left-back-right cylinder around player? I know the render must be square and that the fov must be 90 degrees (so from center of a square, it actually touches corners). I had a script for Terragen 1, but I forgot where I downloaded it and I don't know whenever it will work with this new version?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-03-2019 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found Vue to be a much better tool for creating skyboxes. There's plenty of different skies to choose from, you drop a few terrain generators and that's it.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 07-03-2019 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sadly, professional version is subscription only, and at $525 a year. This isn't likely to sit too well with indies and I personally despise all subscription licenses.

If it's for hobbyist to toy with for free then it's great if it's that simple.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.