Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        looking for some help with a new indie game coming out

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: looking for some help with a new indie game coming out

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 03-14-2017 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was advised to post a thread in here too so pardon me if it feels like spam. The game is called Bustacap. It's a toon shooter built off the Q3 engine. It takes place during the second American Civil War. It's meant to be humorous, not serious, although there are many realistic aspects about it like real bullet behavior. I've been working on this game full time for four years by myself. I posted it on kickstarter to get some beta testing going. I don't know if kickstarter was the right place for this type of game. The main problem is how few people are even been hearing about it so I'll probably just end up putting it on Steam Greenlight in a couple months.

Most of the features are done. It plays well, better than Counterstrike or TF2 did. Whether or not I finish this project is dependent purely upon if there are enough people interested in it or people who wanted to finish it off. There's modeling work needing to be done. The maps need finishing and I can do that but new maps are always welcome too. If anybody from the Q3 community wanted to jump in and do some stuff be it in mapping, models, programming, etc that would be cool. Because of the simple look of the game, maps are easy and fun to make. I'd have to send you my version of q3map2 and some instructions one how to use detail surfaces that cull over distance, among other things.

http://www.bustacap.vastserve.com
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... 9/bustacap
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... f3k8ddi6ds

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 02:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. Yea, they told you right, this is Mapping and Modelling part of Quake 3 Arena engine games (not only Q3A, but also Return to Castle Wolfenstein or even Jedi Knight franchise) so if your game uses Quake engine, this is the right place to post about it. Unfortunately, I'm unable to load up Quake 3 engine on my laptop (since it's too old engine for my GPU) and thus I can't help you out :( But I'm sure anybody else will be interested and meet the engine requirements...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.