Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Windows 10 & Q3/GTKradiant

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Windows 10 & Q3/GTKradiant

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 03:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has anyone tried it? Does all of our ancient software run flawlessly?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will see that after July 29.
I think it will run perfectly on Win10 (like on the older windows).

Don't worry, be happy! :)

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 07:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dont expect any issues really, if any, minor.

The only issue I've had with GTK1.4 moving from XP to 7 is that I need to specify the file type when I save, so instead of naming the file "test" I need to name it "test.map" no big deal really.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 06-26-2015 11:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And you had to install GTKradiant into a "free-saving" other drive than the pretty much locked down C:\ one... i.e. I have it installed under D:\Games\ with all my other games along with Steam.

Come to think of it, since Windows 8 was pretty crappy, Windows 9 should have been next and "good" again... so where the heck did 10 suddenly come from?

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 06-27-2015 02:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
Come to think of it, since Windows 8 was pretty crappy, Windows 9 should have been next and "good" again... so where the heck did 10 suddenly come from?

It is related to OS version checks. Naming it Windows 9 would have caused issues with code looking for 95 or 98.

Besides, Windows 8.1 was essentially the same as Windows 7 :P

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.