Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        From faces to NetRadiant map planes

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: From faces to NetRadiant map planes

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-30-2015 05:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all,

At first sorry for any possible mistakes, I'm a noob in 3d programming and not a native English speaker.
Please help if somebody can. Here is the problem:

I have a mesh which is a set of faces, where a face is 3 vertices and a normal. I need to convert the mesh into NetRadiant map file format or in other words to convert the faces into map planes. Does somebody know how to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-30-2015 06:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NetRadiant supports patches. There must be something missing in this post..?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-30-2015 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it's just a mesh, I don't see how you could do this alone. You'll be missing a lot of information. Maps are composed of brushes, which are convex volumes. You need to make up for missing faces.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-30-2015 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. I figured out how to resolve my issue. Every face is obviously a plane itself, it was required only to specify clockwise order of vertices cause Quake (or NetRadiant) map format requires this order.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.