Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        The Great "ERROR: Tried parent" & *.AAS FAQ

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The Great "ERROR: Tried parent" & *.AAS FAQ

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-05-2016 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Again i ran into that Error and dont know what causes it, "ERROR: Tried parent" is my new worst Nightmare! :down:
This time after copying "grouped-structural-brushwork" over from one *.map-file to another.
And again i think its caused by rotated curves/meshes.

Maybe its Time to pack all our AAS problems into one Thread and try to find out whats causing an *specific*-"ERROR: Tried parent" ?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-05-2016 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*buffer*

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-10-2016 06:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bspc 2.1i (&/or maybe bspc 2.1j) seems to remove the vast majority of those errors. Are you using it, AndyW?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-11-2016 01:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried BSPC 2.1i once and had some problems too -but im thinking i was doing something wrong. :/
Anyone has a working link for 2.1i? I tried google but had no luck. ;)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a quick googling revealed this:
http://quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47106

I find it odd though I can't seem to find the source code...or where these binaries came from.

Edit:
I emailed the guy who runs the site the binary comes from, according to him, V2.1i was something TTimo contributed.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 01:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OMG, on sock´s site... shame on me :olo:
Thx Man! :up:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 03:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I now realize that's sock's site.

Oye. Glad it helped though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.