Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Need some help with launchpads (q3ctf5)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Need some help with launchpads (q3ctf5)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 02-10-2016 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was never a q3ctf5, but it's my conversion I'm making from cs.gamebanana. I've got the flags in already. It currently needs some launchpads, I'm not sure how to do them however. If someone can help me, that would be a massive timesaver, and you guys could see the map on lvlworld once I'm done. Here's the map: https://mega.nz/#!ssllFCxZ!8h7DJ8DOHzan ... d2g1bhtHZ0

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 02-10-2016 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Choose the texture: common/trigger
then make a brush (with the trigger common texture)
make it trigger_push
place a target_push entity
after this select first the trigger brush (trigger_push) then select the target_push and press ctrl+k.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 02-23-2016 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NVM, I found an easier way to convert the map using QuArK's latest nightly, not on the page, but search the forums for 'feb2016' sans quotes, & you'll find it. EDIT: Found an even easier route using bspc. It'll detect the bsp as a Half-Life BSP, and will decompile the entities (& converts the map to Quake 3 format in the process), but some of the entities (like the launchpads) aren't present, like the other MAP file made using BSPTwoMAP. It also uses it's own copy of the needed id textures, which I'll keep. I'll probably send this over to either V1979 or sst13 to finish it for me, I'm not a very good mapper! Anyways, here's what I got so far using the new method:
Original map file: https://mega.nz/#!Qw8DmbBI!rqW7DuHLPlfb ... g-FgzoWEuM
Compiled bsp: https://mega.nz/#!0wNyiSzY!x0eoUKTZP3mW ... N39hMLnRe4

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-13-2016 02:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just to clarify. The cs mean country code? So Czech? What is it that map? Who is author? Where did you get that map? Too many missing informations for me :up:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 04-27-2016 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was a Counter-Strike map, czghost, jsyk. Also, can someone else finish the map up for me please? Make sure to credit me for the initial work!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.