Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Rounded Corners Question

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Rounded Corners Question

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-25-2016 11:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
I made a rounded corner but the floor on top of it. I was having trouble making a brush that would cover the corner. attached is an image.
,Thanks

Attachments:
roundedgif.gif
roundedgif.gif [ 251.61 KB | Viewed 258 times ]

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-26-2016 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You basically just create a patch-mesh and mold the vertexes in a shape that resembles a curve to that of the corner. Anytime you are dealing with patches you have to seal them off by creating a caulk hull around them so your map doesn't generate leaks.

Alternatively, you could just use the clipper tool and clip away at a brush to somewhat simulate a curve, but it's not as efficient (or time saving) as if you were using patches. Nor would it bring as good of a result either.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-26-2016 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're asking a whole lot of questions, most of which could be answered with a quick Google search. There are still a lot of tutorials on the web which explains 90% of what you're asking.

P.S. I don't want to sound unhelpful. I just meant that there are a lot of resources which do a very good job of explaining things already and it's probably easier just to use Google.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-26-2016 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This Video Tutorial from Cityy helped me alot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW33w0-z0Qk
You should take a look at it! :sly:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-26-2016 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
You're asking a whole lot of questions, most of which could be answered with a quick Google search. There are still a lot of tutorials on the web which explains 90% of what you're asking.

http://www.leveldk.co.uk/
Tutorial button on the left....years ago I did an entire series of tutorials. I've not updated my site for eons, but the downloads for the example maps should still work. I covered everything from your first room, all the way up to more advanced stuff like building a map from models.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com