Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        trouble with Capture the flag map

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: trouble with Capture the flag map

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 04:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
I was trying to make a capture the flag map for the first time today, and everytime I go to run it, it gives me an error: player_start_deathmatch missing or something like that. Any clue what it could be? I made a blue flag on one side, red flag on the other, set up some blue spawns and some red spawns points.
thanks

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 10:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you running the map in CTF gametype?
If so, maybe an info_player_deathmatch is used to initially spawn spectators if no intermission camera is present?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-07-2016 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You should always put an "info_player_intermission" in your map.

I made a small guide for gametype related entities: http://sst13.de/dev/sst13_Team_Entities ... _Guide.txt (german / some kind of english) :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.