Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Free music maker?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Free music maker?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-13-2016 03:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not much level editing, but somewhat connected with level making. I am asking for some freeware music maker. Audacity is good for sound effects, but music needs to be eigther downloaded or created. I see only pissed out variations online, so I decided make some loops myself, but I do not have a creator and don't want to give money for something, that simply will be offered free to download. And I also do not want trial & demo 30-days versions that want to pay after that killing time limit. But it seems there is no chance to get or create some good quality music to maps for free :( Anybody knows about any freeware music maker or some good quality rock samples?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-13-2016 03:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you a musician? You could try free trial versions of various DAWs (I use REAPER myself) and collect some free VSTi plugins like drum samplers (EZDrummer2 offers a free 10 day trial) or synth plugins.

There's also a lot of iPad apps that can be used to generate music like Figure or Auxy. Maybe there's PC version or similar programs.

If you like programming: http://www.sonic-pi.net

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-13-2016 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I kind of like this one: https://lmms.io/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-14-2016 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I use Studio One.
I'm a (very) amateur musician, but my home recording studio is steadily growing. As with everything else in life, to do something well takes investment in time and cash.
I now have range of condenser and dynamic mics, audio interface and as of yesterday some brand new monitor speakers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2016 07:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dONKEY wrote:
I use Studio One.
I'm a (very) amateur musician, but my home recording studio is steadily growing. As with everything else in life, to do something well takes investment in time and cash.
I now have range of condenser and dynamic mics, audio interface and as of yesterday some brand new monitor speakers.

I recently subscribed to the YouTube channel and newsletter of the Recording Revolution. It's kind of like a blog thing by Graham Cochrane, a producer who has done professional mixing and mastering work who is able to explain a lot of interesting stuff and show (or let you hear) examples. I really like his doctrine: keep it simple. He says that pretty much all you need is a basic audio setup, a basic compressor plugin and a basic EQ plugin and you're good to go. The rest on top is nice, but ultimately just fluff.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-15-2016 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was just looking at his channel. I see he's got Rokit monitor speakers. I was tempted with those, but they are kind off like hi fi speakers. Too much bass, not flat enough.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-16-2016 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://openmpt.org/ -Open Modplug Tracker. I used a lot of this in the past.
You'll need to get samples.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-16-2016 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus, I only use that to make UT music mostly, and to convert tracker music into WAVs for use in id Techs.

Also I use LMMS a lot, and I used to use Soundation in the past.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com