Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Bots won't make the leap of faith

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Bots won't make the leap of faith

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
I made a map put some bots in it. The bots are spawning in one of the catacombs. They won't leap out of them. What shader/texture do i add to the map to coax them out of their hole. Included is a pic. Thanks won't

Attachments:
20160411020319_1.gif
20160411020319_1.gif [ 51.4 KB | Viewed 385 times ]

Last edited by AEon on 04-11-2016 10:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Lower-cased the title. Avoid using all caps, it's rude!

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe you need a weapon, item, or item_botroam (forget what its called) down in the pit. If there are no items on the map, the bots wont move, unless youre playing ctf mode with 2 flags added.

Not entirely sure but you can skip this by using -forcesidesvisible switch in bspc, can't remember.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 09:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think what is happening is this: the jump down for the bots is too dangerous, i.e. they would lose significant (in the AI perception that is) amounts of health if they jumped down. The only way to fix this, IIRC, is to use brushes covered with "common\cushion" on them. And place them on floor where the bots are supposed to land. When you land on that you do not take damage. Obviously this is also true for the player though.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think its the sum of both youre Ideas. Or would you just jump out of the window for nothing? :idea:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.