Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Quake Expo 2016

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake Expo 2016

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-24-2016 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,
Just dropping in to mention that the fan-fueled online exposition known as Quake Expo is happening this year, the 20th anniversary of the original Quake. It's been 5 years since the last one and we don't know why. In past it's mostly Q1 and Q2 stuff, but Q3 content is welcome!

Registration opens: May 14
Expo dates: July 16 - July 30

Hope to see some Q3 mappage/ mods/ events represented. If anyone is interested in helping post news, writing an article, or otherwise assisting with the event, please PM me. Of course, news and event submissions will also be possible once registration opens.

In any case, drop by to see what's up with the Q1/Q2 scene... the epic scale, architectural beauty, and ambiance of modern levels may surprise you.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-24-2016 09:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's awesome. Moving this to LEM to give you more exposure.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 04-24-2016 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for moving the post. I'm subscribed and will be glad to answer any questions.

A little more about WHAT Qexpo is- the event is online but based around the concept of "booths" that are open for a limited time, like a traditional exhibition. Often there are also outside events online or even meatspace LAN parties. (Although I haven't been to one myself since 1999...) Ideally it will be a way to bring various Quake facets together to share inspiration.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 10:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool!
Wouldn't mind giving my single player mod for Quake 3, EntityPlus a little more exposure. Just tell me how :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-01-2016 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome, I played through EntityPlus maps 2 or 3 years ago. Looks like there are some new creations. The manual is beautiful.

How to get a a project in the expo:
1. Register at https://qexpo2016.com/ when the site opens, May 14.
2. Join the 'Booth Creators' group.
3. Members of that group will be updated to 'Author' status.
4. 'Post' a booth with the built-in interface. Booths can be edited any time but will not appear publicly until the expo opens.

Booths may be projects, tutorials, documentation, art, event results, etc.

The process is similar for anyone who wishes to contribute news, writings, or interviews. Just a different group for that. And prolific people may join both groups.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-01-2016 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aha cool, I'll keep an eye on thngs

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-14-2016 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The site is open! https://qexpo2016.com/ :cool: Anyone may register. For people who don't intend to create a booth or event, all site members may post in the activity stream, comment on booths and news, and participate in groups.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-14-2016 10:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I joined the group but how do I create a booth now?

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 05-15-2016 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you see this?

qexpo website wrote:
How to get started: Very briefly, go to the ‘Groups’ tab and join the ‘Booth Creators’ , ‘Event Creators’ and/or the ‘Writers and News Authors’ group depending on what kind of content you wish to create. Then post a request in that booth. For more detail see the FAQ link on the side menu.

qexpo FAQ wrote:
Q: How do I get a booth?
A: Complete the following steps:

1. Register at https://qexpo2016.com/ between May 14 and July 15. Registration is free.
2. Join the ‘Booth Creators’ group and post a simple message there, like “Hey, I’d like to make a booth.”
3. Members of that group will be updated to ‘Author’ status.
4. ‘Post’ a booth with the built-in interface. Booths can be edited any time but will not appear publicly until the expo opens.
5. Rules: Booths represent individual or team projects, tutorials, documentation, art, event results, or other type of information. Please do not create more than one booth unless you have two completely distinct, well-developed items.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-19-2016 01:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok I'm in

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.