Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Flag in lava

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Flag in lava

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-25-2016 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello, I was looking for this issue in the forum but I can't find anything. Why have we wait so long to have the flag returned when it falls into the lava? The player inmediately spawn in another place of the map, but not the flag. How can I fix this? Thank you.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 04-25-2016 10:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You need to place a common/nodrop brush inside the lava.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-25-2016 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duplicate the lava brush and apply the "common/nodrop" shader on the entire brush. All items dropping into this brush will be removed. (Weapons, gibs & flags...)

It's a good idea to use this in deep pits where you can't escape.
But not in shallow lava (like the one in q3dm7 under the rail) where you still have the possibility to recover a flag.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-25-2016 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, inside, ok, I had tried ON the lava but didn't work, ok, ok, now works perfectly inside the lava, thank you both of you, specially citty.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.