Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Trouble with a texture on a simple patch mesh

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Trouble with a texture on a simple patch mesh

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-29-2016 10:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't understand why my clock is looked as the photo attached. I fitted it with shift+s as it a simple patch mesh. I can see it fine with my wolfcamql but It doesn't look fine when I upload the map to steam servers. What is wrong?
Shader:
textures/MisTexturas/reloj
{
cull none
surfaceparm origin
surfaceparm nolightmap

{
map textures/Mistexturas/reloj.png
alphaFunc GE128
depthWrite
rgbGen identity

}
{
map $lightmap
rgbGen identity
blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
depthFunc equal
}
}

Attachments:
File comment: Look at the clock.
relojmal.jpg
relojmal.jpg [ 70.88 KB | Viewed 352 times ]
File comment: Look at the clock.
relojmal.jpg
relojmal.jpg [ 70.88 KB | Viewed 381 times ]

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-29-2016 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a Mip Mapping bug in QL, only affecting textures with odd sizes.

You should always use texture sizes with powers of 2. Like: 32 - 64 - 128 - 256 - 512 - 1024...
You can combine these values horizontal and vertical. (Textures don't need to be square.)

It's also ok to use: 48 - 96 - 192 - 384 - 768...
In this case the error occurs not until the texture is scaled down under 3 texels. (You won't notice the error on such a small surface.)

Rescale your clock texture and everything will be fine. :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-29-2016 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, thank you, thank you, thank you a lot. You answered so fast, and so exact. That was the problem sst13, my clock was 218x218 pix and now is 256x256 pix, and I only had to upload the png file, everything works like a charm. Thank you again, I will comment your help of course in steam workshop.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.