Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        trapazoid trouble

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: trapazoid trouble

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-19-2016 04:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
I was trying to make a triangular pyramid for a corner of a room I'm making in GTKRadiant. Having some trouble, could someone please point me to a tutorial on how to make this shape. I tried the clipper tool and I feel like im slowly driving myself insane. I checked under curve in Radiant, couldn't find that shape.
Thanks

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brush -> Primitives -> Cone -> Sides: [3]

Can also be done with the clipper tool by 3-point clipping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ovhLgwmMo

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 11:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Small illustration how the clipping tool actually works:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.