Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        curve patches and fog boundaries

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: curve patches and fog boundaries

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-07-2016 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi. I've been noticing that any patch that crosses the boundary of a fog brush looks glitchy, when viewed within the fog; a mix of z-fighting and displaying as if there were no fog between the viewer and the patch, while all surrounding geometry is properly obscured. I've worked around the problem by either adjusting the height of the fog (topface is the entry face, all others are nodraw and outside the world) to avoid the patch or in the case of my lavafall, having 2 separate halves, one in, and one out of the fog, with a micro .5 unit gap so the fog half doesn't touch the fog edge. This is tolerable, since you can only see the gap by noclipping up to it, but obviously a hack.

Is this unavoidable?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.