Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Colour of func_group

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Colour of func_group

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-22-2019 03:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is something that I really want to change, but I can't find it in any menu or file. I believe it's coded into the software, I'm specifically talking about GtkRadiant 1.5 and NetRadiant, specifically idTech4 support.

The func_group entity makes brushes black and I'd like it to be something that jives better with a dark theme.

I've been tolerating it for many years but I thought I'd ask here and try my luck...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-22-2019 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the color is defined in the "entities.def" file. Like all the other colors, entity box sizes and models.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-22-2019 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh wow, absolutely! I was changing the entities.def file, but it was actually the func.def inside the PK4 that finally made the difference. All this time I was poking around in the wrong files...

Thanks a million. :cool:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-22-2019 05:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
I think the color is defined in the "entities.def" file. Like all the other colors, entity box sizes and models.

It's actually "entities.ent" file for Radiant 1.5 and its forks like NetRadiant.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-23-2019 12:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's interesting and I might have figured that out, except the Quake 4 gamepack never included an ent file. I suppose I could just make one.

So it seems Radiant gets its colours first from those ent files > then packed def files > then extracted def files > then its own defaults.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.