Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Texture Guys.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Texture Guys.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been working on a map for a while now and need some help with 1 texture. Me and some guys at work setup a server so once I get the map going we might play around in it on the server a bit.

That's the image I would like to have in a map, I would also like to have it look real glossy/metallic/shiny, maybe even have the Starnet part a light or something. Thing is, I know nothing about scripts and all and don't really want to atm. :icon26: It seems a lot to read and learn just for one texture, so maybe someone nice enough can help me out here. The image will go in the yellow area below:

[lvlshot]http://www.members.cox.net/borke/starnetTex.JPG[/lvlshot]

Also, the area that is around the words, it would be nice to make that look like the metal area in the Quake 3 Level where Hunter tears ass up on. The Tourney map with the Tele above the Hell Fog and the Lightning gun close by...know what I'm talking about?

So, if someone could find the time to do this for me I would appreciate it.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-24-2005 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll do it, just give me the logo in high quality AND give me your mapfile, so I can play around with the scenery to fit the style :icon31: !

thefury [at][box] .de

sumatra

oh and you also find me on quakenet #teampukka, usually...

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 05-24-2005 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He hasn't textured it yet. And is it me or is there a horizontal line running through the logo

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-24-2005 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there is...

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 05-24-2005 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try

Still a bit vague

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-24-2005 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:) Well, the lady up here that does the images for our website isn't the best I know of. But that's the better of the images I could find. I'll fish around and see if I can find a better image for you...unless the above will work?

Need any more info just let me know.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-24-2005 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess I can try to explain a little better...

The image above is going to be on a wall somewhere in the map, duhh.. I would like it to be glowing or producing some type of light, maybe the star would be glowing with the grey just reflecting the light or something. I'm not 100% sure b/c I don't know what would look best or what is possible, like I’ve said I don't work with images much and I have never touched a shader other than renaming it. :p

Whatever you think would look/work best is fine with me...I'm easy to make happy. :)

However, you can make any image you would like, just as long as I know it has something to do with starnet... It's going to be going in a tech styled map.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm on it!
You maybe have to wait until weekend though... :icon25:

sumatra

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isn't going to be a problem at all, as you can see it's 99% notex anyway. I'm not even close to texturing it yet... Thought I would ask early so nothing would be rushed though. :p

Thanks again! :lub:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 02:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here we go -> Logo+Shader
There are three versions in the pak, an idle glowing, a pulsing and finally a flickering red star.
If you have any further questions, just write me an e-mail or just post it here :icon31:
Can't wait to play first beta :)

sumatra

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon25:

Looks perfect, and the reflection is sexy.

Thanks again!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're welcome :icon25:

sumatra

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.