Dojo is a small duel map for Q3 (will be ported to QL after completion) that takes visual inspiration from q3wcp1 "Japanese Castles". The map is currently in the alpha phase of devolvement and is not sealed off properly (a large box surrounds the map as the final geometry is worked out) and only has dev textures.
Some things I'd like feedback on:
- Red and Mega placement
- Map balance
- Map flow
- Overall map layout and structure
- The back area with the deck and rock (as shown in the screenshot)
- All of the items on the map (only 4 at the moment: ra, mega, lg, rl) are just temporary placements bar the mega and red armor. I've been moving the mega and red around on every iteration just seeing how they feel in different spots, while I kinda like the current spots I'm not 100% sold on having a RA thats higher up.
- The back area with the large rock and raised deck (shown in the screen shot) has given me some trouble. Originally it was meant as another way to get to that back area from the lower ground area on the other side of the map (the one with the 3 bars that you jump across to). Since before I added the teleporter the only way to cross back there was through the "dojo" room or taking the large jump pad up to the high ground.
I now feel though that the back area is a tad "roomy" and maybe to powerful since you're able to jump from the deck up to the higher level.
So I'm not really sure if its worth keeping, I could just remove it all together but that doesn't solve the issue of sending to much traffic through the "dojo" room. I could also slim it down and put a bigger focus on the other half of the room.
- While I'm not focused on items right now I'd still like to find a place for both the mega and RA as I feel those are the two items you balance the others around, there are a few obvious contenders for where RA and mega should go but I've not really found a setup I've been happy with yet.
Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.