Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Mapping for Quake Live - first setup

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Mapping for Quake Live - first setup

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-11-2017 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi. I've just set up mapping environment for Quake Live in GtkRadiant :) This is a testing map designed to test out composite ammo packs settings. It has been compiled, however not tested out. Doesn't want to load, even when physically existent in maps folder. I assume I have to put it in pk3 file in order to test it out :)

Speaking about Quake Live, how do I change nick name appearance? Because I want to change colours and capitals. I spectated in a CA match and there were players using capitals and colours. Any idea, please?

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 01-02-2018 12:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't these people just change the steam name to get those changes? Like ^3Test

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-02-2018 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I asked on Quake Live forums on Steam, and already got that answer. It works, but looks silly looking to Steam profile page. So I removed color tags from my nickname. Anyway, flag appears next to my name, so it's not neccessary to have colors in my name...

With map being refused to be loaded, I got it working by placing it in pk3 file. However, I didn't quite understand how Workshop works. Do I need to include assets contents in a folder instead of pk3? Because when I downloaded winter maps editions, no new pk3 appeared in my installation, but it works, I can load these maps in. Maybe it got included in the game pk3, or saved in my Workshop? How does it work? And how do I add my own maps in Workshop?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.