Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Shader Editor

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Shader Editor

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 04-25-2018 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I used Q3ASE for a long time to create my shaders. What a usefull tool it was. At that time my OS was Windows Vista.
Recently I changed to Windows 10 and he stopped work... and I know that the author makes no more updates.
So anyone knows how to make it work on W10 or if exists some other shader editor?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-25-2018 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Iā€™m not aware of any problems, but maybe try running it with compatibility mode?

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 04-25-2018 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did...every one possible :cry:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-25-2018 08:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure.. must be localized to your computer. I just ran it here on Windows 10, works fine for me. I didn't even have to run it with compatibility mode, it just worked natively. OS and drivers up to date?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-01-2018 02:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's maybe the point. Drivers up to date may not be supported by an outdated version of a program (simply dependent by calling a function that no longer exists - or is moved). I think that to make up to date Shader Editor, a new one may be created (or ask author for source code)...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com