Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Bad Bad brush

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Bad Bad brush

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-05-2018 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I ran into a problem while edge-editing a brush, I think.
I was confident the action wouldn't cause collapsing of the brush but it did.
It did disappear in 3D view during my edge-editing.
At first, it didn't seem to bother the renderer.
Saved the map (with the collapsed bush), rendered, tested. Everything was fine.

The problem came up on the second time saving and rendering:

************ ERROR ************
BaseWindingForPlaneAccu: no dominant axis found because normal is too short

Now, I do have quite some irregular brushes in that map. Rocky walls, ramps in 45°, etc.

But I'm pretty certain it was that one brush that I edge-edited and that disappeared.

From what I remember I don't have much more chances than manually selecting viewable brushes and entities (everything) individually one by one and then hide that. And then create a very large brush around the area->select inside and delete.

Is that it or could you guys give me some other tip?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-05-2018 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Run brush cleanup, or drag select the entire map then press i, which will select the hidden brush, then delete it.

Edit: Actually, just drag-selecting may fail to select some things (for example patches facing away), so it would be better to create a massive brush over the whole map, and select inside.

Edit edit: "Select inside" doesn't seem to work so well in netradiant-custom.

Edit edit edit: GtkRadiant 1.6 doesn't even let you break brushes like this, it locks at the smallest grid increment.

;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.