Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        broken specular maps in ioquake3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: broken specular maps in ioquake3

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-10-2018 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just updated to the latest ioquake3 (I was using a build from 2015) and all my specular maps are broken. See images:

Specular maps disabled:

Specular maps enabled:

Anyone know whats causing this? It looks as if specular maps are simply being overlayed on top of the map textures, rather than being applied properly...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-11-2018 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I did a test using Spearmint (modified version of ioquake3) since I can't find any previous versions of ioquake3, and noticed that version 0.3 was when this "change" was introduced, although it doesn't seem to be documented at all.

This is Spearmint v0.2:

This is Spearmint v0.3:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-12-2018 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try reinstalling IOQ3 to see if there is something wrong with your game files.

Otherwise if you’re sure it’s a bug, here is their issue tracker:
https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3/issues

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.