Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        New Map I've been messing with(dm10)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: New Map I've been messing with(dm10)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 05-18-2018 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not much of anything in it yet a rocket launcher, a railgun and some ammo for both and lots of bullets.
4 spawn locations, some real basic lighting. Any input would be helpful. Textures are the dsi set .

Last edited by kaustic on 05-30-2018 01:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-19-2018 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ kaustic, looks nice. :) it is worth to add some pillars for players to hide behind. or maybe arches (like Triumphal of Paris)? I'd add some hp and armor anyway, maybe to the lower areas (and replace MG ammo with armor shards maybe).

why only 2 weaps? ) the dimensions are very good, but the whole area is open enough => total RG domination. :miffed: MAYBE, it is worth to slightly increase the overall height, but I dunno. :) the pillars are nesessary, imho.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 05-19-2018 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi Obsessed. I suppose you could classify this as an alpha build. It took me quite a while to decide on textures so until
about 3 days ago it was mostly caulk and is still all structural brushes. I'm still thinking about the sky box and depending
on if I used this one or not what texture to use for the floor on the outside. The lack of weapons,armor,health and other
items is becuse its still up in the air on where all of them would be located. The only thing I can guarantee is there wont
be any BFG in the map. Everything else is on the table.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 05-30-2018 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Removed the download link. Plenty of Downloads but only one person gave any input. So whats the point of having it there.I'll just put up some screenshots for updates.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kaustic/4 ... ed-public/

Forgot to mention that I'm working on 2 versions now. The 2nd has a castle kinda thing going on.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.