Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        How could I create this sort of design in GTK radiant 1.4.0

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How could I create this sort of design in GTK radiant 1.4.0

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-25-2018 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,

How could I create an interior design like this in GTK, would anyone here like to try, and create something like this fictional spacecraft?

I would like something like that for an old, there is a modification available, but won't run, and there isn't a map file for it either to edit it. I think it was done using the GTK editor many years back, but it could of been model out, at least the front section, may be added in with brushes to it.

I'm not sure.

Thank you.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-25-2018 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was able to get the map to run, this is for the Quake 3 engine game Elite force. It was an online play map. But yes, I wanted to be able to edit it, but there is only the pak file, which can't be opened. And even so, probably only a bsp file.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-31-2018 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For something like that, you are probably better modelling that in another app and loading it as a map object.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-05-2018 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I downloaded the iso from here:

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/star ... -force-bbv

and examined the pak3 file (which, of course, is only a zip file)

It's the Delta Flyer !!!! from Star Trek Voyager !!!!
I may even install this game, which was apparently pretty good. It's not that I'd forgotten Voyager - it's still shown every now and then on TV - but I didn't pay any attention to the game at the time.

This is an md3 model from the cargo bay. The elaborate detail only exists as a few jpeg textures. If you wanted to recreate it as a map with access to the interior, you'd have to do it yourself (beyond my limited abilities). Google "voyager delta flyer" images.

Edit: also google "3d model delta flyer", and this:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/12321a104f3dbee29cf081cccede9d39/Star-Trek-Voyager-The-Delta-Flyer-Forward-Compartment-Complete?hl=en
but you'd have to convert a 'sketchup' model.

Attachments:
md3-bottom.jpg
md3-bottom.jpg [ 229.7 KB | Viewed 281 times ]
md3-top.jpg
md3-top.jpg [ 238.12 KB | Viewed 301 times ]

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-02-2018 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for the responses, I imagine I would of had to create my own map, but unfortunately that isn't really possible. There is little left of the tutorials for getting much going. I tried in the past three years a bit once a year, and got little to work.

That is a nice model, so you textured the model using those renders.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-03-2018 01:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You might want to remove the link to that ISO. Linking to or spreading warez is not allowed on Quake3World. The site may state it's "abandonware", but formally speaking there is no such thing.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.