Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Some newbie questions (GTK Radiant)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Some newbie questions (GTK Radiant)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-29-2018 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I've installed GTK Radiant at last. :cry: Sorry for such blurred topic name, but I feel that I'll have more questions. :) But for now here's the first one:
I've compiled my map to bsp (which was ok in Q3Radiant). Everything is nice, but the bot sticks to spawn points (starting to run when I shoot at him). I made *.aas using old (2000) and new (2018) bspc, but result (with map, compiled with GTK Radiant) is the same. I re-made bsp and aas in Q3Radiant - everything became ok again. Spawn points are not submerged in solids. What could it be? :paranoid: Is there a need to put the text of bspc.log here?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-29-2018 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are there any items to pick up in your map? If not, the bots won't move on their own.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-30-2018 12:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ Eraser, This is the finished level, I'm just changing the textures/lighting on it. I wanted to compare the lighting quality. If this issue will not be solved, I'll just finish everything in Q3Radiant. I suppose, no one faces this problem with levels, made in GTK Radiant from scratch, so I'm unlikely to get a solution. :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-31-2018 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There is no difference what editor you use, the map files are the same. But the compilers are a night and day improvement and make a huge difference in the final compiled BSP file.

Check your AAS compile options, make sure you include -forcesidesvisible as that is required when compiling your maps with Q3map2.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 04:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check your AAS compile options, make sure
obsidian, :shrug: thank you! I've never used any options when compiling aas-files before. :rolleyes:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.