Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        HeavyMachineGun missing

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: HeavyMachineGun missing

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all
I am making a ffa/ca map with hmg included, however when I test the map in wolfcam, all weapons appear except hmg.
Am I missing something?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What entity are you using? I'm not sure how wolfcam treats these entities in offline play, does the weapon work on existing maps?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dunno what u mean "entity" in this case, but many ql maps have hmg

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What did you put on your map for hmg?

Did you try playing other maps with hmg pickups in wolfcam, offline?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just choosed hmg from the radiant weapon list, like any other weapon :))
In fact, never played maps with hmf in wolfcam. Have to test that

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-04-2018 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

About this subject I tested some standard maps (campgrounds, almostlost and overkill) in wolfcamql 11.7 .
I play often these maps online and all have hmg/ammo in ffa or ca modes.
When I played them in Wolfcam what I saw (pic 01) was something named "ammo pack" (?????). And more: this "ammo pack" is overlaid to others ammo packs as u can see in the pic. Hmg weapon/ammo do not exist.
However, the test of my map shows hmg ammo (pic 02) but not the weapon.
In my Wolfcam install all standard .pk3 files are inside baseq3 folder. But maybe some file is missing. If so, where can I get those files?
One last question: maybe this is not related with missing .pk3 files but look at pic 03: Radiant never shows weapons,powerups and ammo shaders. Is not a problem, I know they appear right at the final. But I am curious about this, maybe radiant settings?
Attachment:
pic01.jpg
Attachment:
pic02.jpg
Attachment:
pic03.jpg

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-05-2018 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Often multiple items are put in the same spot and then flagged for different gametypes, but wolfcam doesn't care about these because it's only for playing back demos. The reason I asked you to test if hmg works on other maps is because it's possible there simply is no spawn function for it, since wolfcam only cares about demo playback.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-06-2018 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KI thanks for answer
Seems that the only way to be sure is to finish my map, play it online and see if hmg is there or not.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.