Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Two new maps for Q3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Two new maps for Q3

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-11-2019 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi guys, hope everyone is well.
I’ve had a bit of free time to get back into Level Design and for some reason I felt motivated to make some stuff again.
I’ve got two maps to release. The first one I was in the middle of working on when my Hard Drive failed. Originally I had in mind a third map using the same texture set I made for Duel Cores and Keppel Bay. In good Hollywood style, the third in a trilogy if you like. Unfortunately the map file was lost, so the map will never be on the scale I had intended. There was meant to be an entire area adjacent to the Red Armour room that never got built. That said, this test build works OK as a tourney map, and seeing as this is complete, I’m letting it out into the world.
A couple of screenshots:

Originally the map was called ‘Blocks’, as I was trying to create a tumbling geometric kind of vibe. After the Hard Drive failure, seeing as I could no longer play with the map, it seemed appropriate to rename the level ‘Cock Blocked’

The second level started out as another lunchtime doodle, mostly me trying to remember how to map and use the editor. I discovered I had a copy of Q3 and a handful of assets, mostly my own, but also some of Hipshot’s, on my old work laptop. So playing around with what I had left, things started to take shape.
I think in terms of level of detail and complexity, it’s probably easy to see where I started the map, and where I finished it, as muscle memory kicked back in and I started to get back into the rhythm of things. That said, I think I’ve got as far with this one as I can, so this too is being released into the wild.
A couple of screenshots:

If anyone is interested to fire up Q3 again with a couple of new maps from an ageing mapper, here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mw1l3y5n2v47y0/2fat_dks.zip?raw=1

Hope you enjoy.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 01:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oooh, cool!

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 09:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Noice :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-17-2019 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the maps dONKEY. Grabbed them. I didn't really need a reason to fire up Q3 but I have now :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.