Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Long weird map possibilities?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Long weird map possibilities?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-26-2019 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,

We are a 20th century VG metal tribute band.

Recently we did a vid for Quake 3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHNfvFOBC0A).

We are thinking about doing a fun lyric video with the few words that are said ("prepare to fight", and so but also the sounds of jumping or dying directly transcribed).

One idea we are thinking about is creating a veeeery long level, that may took approximately the 2 minutes that the song lasts to go from one side to the other.

The key feature would be that if you do your run in the correct timing (there would be some obstacles or jumps) there would keep appearing some sort of billboards at the precise moment the song's sound. Some sort of a "sing along" run. For example in the 1:06 the player should have arrived where the word "Excellent" would be on screen/highlighted whatever as it is sounding in that moment.

Do you see that feasible?

Is it possible to have a map with it's own music?or synchronize it somehow? I am thinking as if this could be understood as sort of speedrun map but with music instead of a clock.

I've seen a lot of talent in this forum, in case someone is interested in taking part of this project just let me know.

Thankssss !

:q3: !!!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-31-2019 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dear ToKu,

Thanks for such a detailed answer !

I'll go in depth through the points you mention.

It may take some time for me to reply since it will be my very first map, so I need to get used to the "framework" 1st and then add some complexity.

Definitely it will be really helpful!!

:q3: !!!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.