Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Remove multiple brushes and entities pretty much in one go?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Remove multiple brushes and entities pretty much in one go?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to select many objects at once to remove them?

I am using the old GTK 1.4.0

Thank you.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-17-2020 05:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-23-2020 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a look into this. Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm sure there is a short cut to select all objects with x texture. If there was also a select all surfaces with x texture as well that would make retexturing much easier. Gtk 1.5

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-23-2020 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In good old qe_Radiant SHIFT+A selects all brushes with the chosen texture.
Or all entities from the same type, if you select an entity.
Or, if you click on a specific key in the entity window, all entities from that type with the selected key value. For example you select a light entity and the _color key, SHIFT+A will select all lights with that exact color.

For replacing textures there is a "Find/Replace" function in the texture menu.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-23-2020 01:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, it's been almost 20 years and I still learned something new about Radiant today :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-23-2020 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alternatively, open up your map in a text editor and do a find/replace on the shader name.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-23-2020 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The last really useful thing I learned was that you can drag brush faces by holding CTRL. Very useful when you build floor trims & stuff. Or brushes aligned in weird angles, like a cube standing on a single corner.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.