Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Working on a Rage total conversion mod. Need help!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Working on a Rage total conversion mod. Need help!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-28-2020 04:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey guys. Glad this is still here! I'm working on a mod that is a total conversion mod of Rage. More information can be found here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ehrlia-summerwheel

Regardless, I've spent a lot of time examining with and working with the toolkit, and have learned a lot about Idtech5. Still, I've run into some problems. One, I have trouble using models from Lightwave. I found out that only versions of Lightwave released before Rage work, so I've gotten a version of 9.3 that works fine. While I have successfully gotten a model into idstudio (Rage's radiant editor) and built a level and tested it out, most models I create I get an error message that reads:

WARNING: NO ADDRESS ERROR 487

Rage64.exe @ 0xb81c5983( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )

ERROR: Bad texcord on vertex ( pos = 0.420000 0.000000 0.260000, tc = -1.#QNAN0 -1.#QNAN0 ) on surface default in model models/weapons/pistol/pistol_pickup2.lwo

I know that this message is related to the surface in lightwave and it's associated material 'default', but I have no idea why one model creates this error and not another. Other-wise, I have no idea how to associate uvmaps or any other types of maps to the working models.

Last of all, I figured out how to replace weapons and characters. One has to replace files that are stored in an md6 folder with the file extension bm6mesh. I found a plugin that converts FBX to bm6mesh, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to build the source code. It would appear I should use CMAKE and Visual Studio 2019, but regardless, I can't seem to built this:
https://github.com/jmarshall23/IcedTech ... MayaImport

I know not many people will know what I'm talking about, but for anyone that does, please help.

Also looking for programmers to help with this project!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.