Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Creating a one-way clip in Q3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Creating a one-way clip in Q3

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-10-2021 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
Not many Q3 mapping sites left, hope this reaches someone who can help! I am creating a team based map and I would like to create a spawn room of sorts which lets players out of the room but does not let them back in. I do not want to use a door as I just don't want people to be able to sneak back into the spawn room. I think I remember creating one-way walls mostly by accident but I can't seem to create them now.
I've tried creating a brush textured with all no-draw except one face which is covered in player-clip. I've tried multiple surfaces textured in player-clip. I either get a brush that is 100% clip or 100% no draw.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Pardner

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-10-2021 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A "Simple Patch Mesh" out of player clip should do the trick.

The front side (textured one) will block players, but you can walk thru from the back side.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-11-2021 07:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can also teleport one way from the room

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-19-2021 02:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
A "Simple Patch Mesh" out of player clip should do the trick.

The front side (textured one) will block players, but you can walk thru from the back side.

I guess you could also make the texture transparent, placing it in whatever non-clipping brushwork/model to represent your one-way route.

This would give you full control over the visual representation.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.