Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Active collection of mapping guides, tools, resources, etc.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Active collection of mapping guides, tools, resources, etc.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-07-2021 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Over the past two years of learning mapping myself, I have gathered many useful resources that helped me learn. In addition, I also started writing my own guides for new techniques and such.
There are some amazing tools being worked on such as a much improved version of NetRadiant with a bunch of new features, and even entirely new tools like the BSP importer addon for Blender, which lets you edit BSP files directly and even bake lightmaps inside Blender.
Big quality of life improvements like this AutoHotkey script for easy live shader editing and how to set up NetRadiant to automatically compile and launch the map ingame.

These are just a few examples. All this and so much more to come (some honestly mindblowing stuff in the works) is compiled neatly (somewhat) in the Trello board:

id Tech 3 Mapping Trello

:q3:

id Tech 3 Mapping Trello

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-05-2021 03:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoyed looking through that trello board. Thanks for putting that together.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-06-2021 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's pretty cool :up:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-08-2021 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for this. I'm loving NetRadiant. I don't know how I survived without WASD camera movement.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 11-02-2021 03:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea, this is a great resource in itself, I looked at it when you made it, very neat!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-11-2021 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very helpful, thanks

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.