Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Powerup (invisibility)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Powerup (invisibility)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-06-2021 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I try to find where in the source code the section responsible for the appearance of the character (via powerup) is invisibility, in the game quake 3. Is it a photo with a shader, or is it just saved in the source code and is it possible to edit the appearance in some way (visible in some ways) characters?

Attachments:
File comment: Mod Excessive
exce.jpg
exce.jpg [ 231.48 KB | Viewed 195 times ]
File comment: Default Quake 3
default.jpg
default.jpg [ 229.81 KB | Viewed 185 times ]

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2021 10:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The invisibility effect is in a .shader file somewhere. I don't know exactly which shader it is though.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-13-2021 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looking at the mod excessive and the appearance of the character (only visible eyes) I looked for it in the files and unfortunately I did not find it, maybe this texture is in pure Quake 3 and it was never used, since it is not present in the modification files too much. However, something does not suit me here ... Because in the shader files I did not find anything to do with full invisibility (except for the eyes) in the excessive directory.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-13-2021 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The eye texture is part of the Orbb player model: models\players\orbb\orbb_h2.tga

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-15-2021 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I checked and the character model is unfortunately not taken from the "Orbb" model to handle the invisibility or it is copied and is in a different location, which I doubt because I have searched everything except for the files "qagame.qvm, ui.qvm, cgame.qvm" .
In pure quake 3 I found a shader + texture responsible for the invisibility effect which is prone to texture changes (perhaps this is the reason for "excessive" mods etc).

There are no files in the modification (Excessive, Q3Plus etc.). It seems to me that the changes are saved in the qvm file, unfortunately for me it is too much knowledge in programming to make only cosmetic changes in this regard. I suspect that without recompiling the mod (ExcessivePlus, Q3Plus) with the changes will not be possible. Anyway, these people are not there anyway, or they are hiding for various reasons, and the source code of these modifications has probably been removed.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-15-2021 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, the invisibility effect from the Excessive mod requires custom game code. That's more than just a shader.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.