Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        J.A.C.K. Level Editor Just another creation kit

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: J.A.C.K. Level Editor Just another creation kit

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-30-2021 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just came across this in a youtube video by Civvie 11 talking about Perilous Warp:

Short explanation taken from https://crystice.com/jack/:
Quote:
J.A.C.K. (formerly known as Jackhammer) is a brand new level editor for games with a quake-style BSP architecture. The title stands for “Just another creation kit”, but actually it’s not just another level editor! The aim is to develop a convenient cross-platform tool capable of incorporating the best features of existing editors, such as Valve Hammer Editor, Q3Radiant and others.

It supports Quake 3 Arena, too. I'm a little bit hyped to see another editor using BSP and all that jazz in these times and age, but apparently it's for sale on Steam for EUR 15.00? Really? I'm not sure how to think about that but I fear that people will simply stick to their old editors instead of paying money for a more recent one given that these kind of editors are not exactly industry standard anymore. :dork:

What does everyone else think about this? Has someone probably already done some work in that editor?

PS: Just saw that there's a free non-steam version available as well (Non-Steam J.A.C.K. version 1.1.1064), that makes it more interesting for me at least! And the most recent version it seems is from 2016, so I'm a bit late to the party, still I haven't heard of J.A.C.K. until now.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.