Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        can not upload a custom map

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: can not upload a custom map

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 12-10-2021 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I make Quake Live maps for long time and upload them to Steam to play with my friends.
No problem with that, till now.
When I tried to upload my last map, received this message on the command prompt:

Preparing update...
Preparing content........
Uploading content...
Uploading preview image...roaming config store loaded successfully - 350 bytes.
migrating temporary roaming config store

Committing update...Success.

The map shows on my workshop page, but crashes imediatly when I try to play it .
I repeated the procedures I´ve used to upload all my maps before, never got this message.
What means this message?
Any ideas to fix this?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-11-2021 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Search your workshop folder (SteamApps\workshop\content) for your pk3 file and compare it with your original pk3 file.
If they are identical it's probalby not a workshop problem.

Does the map run when you put the pk3 directly into your "SteamApps\common\Quake Live\baseq3" directory? (unsubscribe the workshop before testing)

btw: The steam workshop system has a big flaw. If you update a workshop, only the subscribers are updated. No servers running your map receiving an update. Also clients that downloaded the map temporarily (by connecting to servers running your map) are not updated.

A link to your workshop would be helpful :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.