Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        FOG in a few brushes

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: FOG in a few brushes

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-02-2022 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tries to insert the fog in the yellow boxes in the photo, but without the negative effect of transitions between consecutive fog brushes. As you know in Lava / Slime / water / you can use (watercault / slimecaulk etc) while the fog is different.
Inserting 1 fog brush will fix the problem, but the fog will be poured out of the walls.
1. What can you work around somehow errors caused by inserting the fog in 3 brushes next to each other of different sizes?
Or
2. Can I insert one fog brush with different polygon shapes?

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 83.66 KB | Viewed 140 times ]

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-06-2022 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I checked for a while and I would not do without changing the geometry of the terrain.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-08-2022 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fog is always a bit bitchy. I don't think fogs work correctly if the fog-brush has a non axial shape.

If the fog pit is not a perfect rectangle I use a tub made from caulk with the fog fitting perfectly inside. Then just 'dipping' the map into the tub.

But this doesn't solve your problem. :paranoid: :D

I remember darkly a turorial for multi-volume fog with some kind of fog caulk between the fog brushes. But I have never tried it and can't find anything about this method online. :(

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.