Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Function Platform Question

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Function Platform Question

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[lvlshot][/lvlshot]

In the above picture is the question, the Platform menu is telling me to draw it in its raised posistion and it will start at its lowered posistion.

How is the entity going to know where its lowered posistion is?

:icon30:

edit: I'll have the pic up in a sec.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahhh, they had me confused with the wording...thanks.

I had one up before I left for work earlier and when I got here I noticed that Pic I uploaded had nothing to do with my question. :p

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bring up the entity menu [n] and enter a value for the "height" key to tell the entity how far apart its lowered and raised positions are on the z axis.

Or you could use the lip key [definitions are in the entity menu] but i find that one much less intuitive than height -- the two are mutually exclusive.

In your map, build the platform in its raised position, and quake will use the height value (or lip value) to determine where the plat starts off, and remains until someone steps on it.

Here's a plat with the height key calculated from the difference between lowered and raised positions:

Here's where the plat sits when it's lowered:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.