Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        bots help

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: bots help

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

alright I'm pretty much done with my map but testing bots and stuff... and its been a WHILE since I did any mapping and I've forgotten all the bot debugging commands and stuff to test and see path finding and junk.

I compiled the AAS with -forcesidesvisable -optimize -bsp2aas

but when I ran the map and loaded some bots they didn't move just stood still at the spawn and wouldn't move until I shot at them.. once I killed them or I was killed they stood in place until engaged them again.

Help plz! thx

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmm.. not sure what I did but I fixed it! :P

I need to place some more cluster portals and bot_roam's though as they don't play it well currently.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did you compile with the -meta switch during BSP? If not, I can't recall the BSPC switch but iirc either the -forcedivisable or the -optimize is giving your the grief. Try only compiling with a default BSP and BSPC and see what happens...

And you do have weapons/items in the map right?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only use -forcesidesvisible when you've compiled the map with -meta.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In other words, always compile with -meta in BSP and -forcesidesvisible in BSPC.

You should always use the meta switch when compiling with Q3Map2 but it results in brain-dead bots - so we use forcesidesvisible to compensate.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.