Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        coding: players become invisible

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: coding: players become invisible

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 07-10-2005 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm working the old western q3 mod , fixing bugs.

Sometimes players, both bots and humans become invisible. If it's you who become invisible, you won't notice until someone tells you, because everything works as normal. You can still move and fire. It lasts maybe a few seconds, maybe just one second, then it's all normal again.

I don't know how to reproduce it. It's too rare to debug without knowing how to cause it, but it's too common too release a new version without fixing it.

I've only worked on the source for 5 weeks, so I don't know where to begin looking for this bug. Any ideas as to what might be causing it, or in which files or functions I should look?

Timbo
Timbo
PostPosted: 07-10-2005 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CG_Player in cg_players.c would be my first port of call. This is responsible for rendering each player model.

For debugging rare cases it helps to add cvars that turn on debugging information. That way, when it does occur, you can flip the variable and get some concrete information.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.